Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wayland would solve many of these.

Comment

We've always known that X is a security disaster, but it wasn't clear until now just how broken it is.

This POS is unsalvageable.

Comment

Wayland IS here. The desktops are almost here. Apps (firefox, libre, thunderbird -the big ones) on the other hand need love.

Comment

Can we get mouse acceleration control in Wayland now, so we could move to the future and just leave this mess behind us? :/

Comment

Originally posted by gutigen View Post
            Can we get mouse acceleration control in Wayland now, so we could move to the future and just leave this mess behind us? :/
            Install libinput-0.7.
            Haven't tried it, not sure if the compositors can make use of it, but the support is there (along with proper touch point scroll support).

Comment

Just received xserver update 1.16.2.901 Those security vulnerabilities fixed

Comment

Just went through the CVEs to check what I need to patch in tinyx (the Puppy version, not the TinyCore version!), and found that of 13 CVEs, at least 6 are not present in the code I have (GLX, DRI*, and DBE are all missing, and Xinput seems to be partial and disabled); one affects something that isn't built (SECURE_RPC); a couple are at least in part regressions, and I'll have to look at the remainder in more detail.

Comment

:gasp:

Linux may now have reached .00001% the vulnerability level of windows!

J/K, don't intend to start any flame wars just couldn't help myself.

Comment

Originally posted by kenjitamura View Post
                    :gasp:

Linux may now have reached .00001% the vulnerability level of windows!

J/K, don't intend to start any flame wars just couldn't help myself.
                    Remember the days when everyone ran their PCs as one, single, root-equivalent user? And now you have a bug that can crash an application and maybe get root access and it's considered a critical security vulnerability.

Just think... Windows 95 is just one big zero-day exploit.

Comment

Originally posted by johnc View Post
                      Remember the days when everyone ran their PCs as one, single, root-equivalent user? And now you have a bug that can crash an application and maybe get root access and it's considered a critical security vulnerability.

Just think... Windows 95 is just one big zero-day exploit.
                      Well, to be honest, every Windows that doesn't inherit security systems from Windows NT is just one big zero-day exploit

Comment

Working...
                      X