Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XDC2014 Bordeaux Videos Posted

Phoronix: XDC2014 Bordeaux Videos Posted

The videos are now available of last week's XDC2014 conference that took place in Bordeaux, France...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

So far only 5 videos on youtube.
    For way more XDC2014 videos go here:
    http://www.x.org/wiki/Events/XDC2014/Program/

Comment

I wonder if in addition to the new Catalyst driver, if AMD is planning to abondon XvBA and focus on VAAPI. They did release Mesa code suggesting something like that.

Comment

Would probably be for the better. The free driver went with VDPAU and they worked on openmax and vaapi for the unified part, too. So I guess since most software supports vdpau and vaapi it wouldn't hurt to leave XvBA out.
        Stop TCPA, stupid software patents and corrupt politicians!

Comment

Just watched the AMD presentation. Alex mentions they will probably remove Sea Islands support that they used for prototyping (Hawaii, Bonaire) for the initial AMDGPU drop, which I fully understand and it seems logic. However he says that they are now working on upcoming GPUs for AMDGPU, which leaves me confused as to where the R9 285/Volcanic Islands fits in. It is the first (and so far only) GCN 1.2 based AMD card and it will be the IP used in the upcoming Carrizo APU, but it is avaible *today*. So will the R9 285/Volcanic Islands be added to the existing RADEON stack or is it going to be the first AMDGPU supported IP?

Comment

Originally posted by d2kx View Post
            Just watched the AMD presentation. Alex mentions they will probably remove Sea Islands support that they used for prototyping (Hawaii, Bonaire) for the initial AMDGPU drop, which I fully understand and it seems logic. However he says that they are now working on upcoming GPUs for AMDGPU, which leaves me confused as to where the R9 285/Volcanic Islands fits in. It is the first (and so far only) GCN 1.2 based AMD card and it will be the IP used in the upcoming Carrizo APU, but it is avaible *today*. So will the R9 285/Volcanic Islands be added to the existing RADEON stack or is it going to be the first AMDGPU supported IP?
            Tonga (R9 285) is supported in the new amdgpu driver, not radeon.

Comment

Can you comment how long will it take? The card is available now, but will the code be there only in Z months?

Comment

Originally posted by curaga View Post
                Can you comment how long will it take? The card is available now, but will the code be there only in Z months?
                Any update on this? I was thinking about getting a Tonga (R9 285) card on sale but I'd really like to be able to avoid fglrx... It's amazing... 5 years ago I'd be delcared insane for this comment .

Comment

AMGPU - when?

I just purchased a couple R9 285's and am wondering when AMDGPU will be released.

Comment

Working...
                  X