X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• StefanBruens
    replied
    Originally posted by deadite66
    If it works the same as Displaylink then it will be just as useless, mucking around with xorg conf files isn't friendly.

'just works' in windows and i assume the same in osx.
    You dont have to touch xorg.conf to use a DisplayLink device. You can just add it as an additional output provider using xrandr.

1. Make sure you use the udl (DRM/KMS) driver, not udlfb
    2. Make sure the dri node is accessible, i.e. it is listed by "loginctl seat-status seat0"

If everything is set up correctly (which is the default on any sane current distribution), the output should show up with:
    xrandr --listproviders

Two providers should be listed.

Currently there is no graphical xrandr frontend supporting output providers, AFAIK

Leave a comment:

• kpedersen
    replied
    VNC has had HTML5 viewers / clients for ages. What exactly is new about this software?

Or is it because it is likely to be proprietary and ad-supported / crippled that people are now interested in it?

Leave a comment:

• curaga
    replied
    Originally posted by droidhacker View Post
    Can anyone explain why he doesn't just leverage plain-old VNC for the back end?
    VNC would either duplicate the display (x11vnc), which is not the point of this, or not have acceleration (Xnvc + Xdmx).

Leave a comment:

• peppercats
    replied
    I frequently use my nook HD+ for viewing documents because the screen is quite good - it would be nice if I could incorporate it into my daily workflow with such a program by putting APIs/etc on it easily without having to use touch/an external control system.

I hope it's open source though.

Leave a comment:

• droidhacker
    replied
    Can anyone explain why he doesn't just leverage plain-old VNC for the back end?

Leave a comment:

• halfmanhalfamazing
    replied
    This software essentially co-opts a device which was meant to be an integrated device and turns it into a dumb old monitor. The video on the website shows an Ipad - Apple meant it to be integrated, not ever to be just a plain old monitor.

I really like the idea of this software, this is fantastic.

Leave a comment:

• phoronix
    started a topic New Virtual Monitor Software Might End Up On Linux

New Virtual Monitor Software Might End Up On Linux

Phoronix: New Virtual Monitor Software Might End Up On Linux

An open-source project that's currently Windows-only allows for creating virtual computer monitors that are then rendered on an extra computer, tablet, or smart-phone as a secondary display. Making this different from other VNC-like programs is that the secondary system's monitor can be rendered to an HTML5 web-browser window. The developer behind this software is now working on bringing it to Linux...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X