No announcement yet.

The Dirty List Of GPUs With Open-Source Drivers Gone Wildly Wrong

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

R7 260X reclocking issues... isn't that what the new microcode in the linux-firmware is supposed to fix, along with some others? It's neither in oibaf's PPA nor pushed to Ubuntu 14.04 LTS as an update, so I assume that's responsible for some of the AMD bugs.

Comment

Originally posted by d2kx View Post
      R7 260X reclocking issues... isn't that what the new microcode in the linux-firmware is supposed to fix, along with some others? It's neither in oibaf's PPA nor pushed to Ubuntu 14.04 LTS as an update, so I assume that's responsible for some of the AMD bugs.
      The firmware should fix it, but AFAIK, even with current kernel Git the R7 260X re-clocking support is still disabled by default.
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

There are known hangs with kernel 3.15 on Sea Islands (confirmed on Bonaire, not sure about the other chips). A workaround is also known. We won't probably have a fix in time for 3.15 final, so hopefully it will be in the next bugfix release (3.15.1 ?).

Kernel 3.14 works fine.

Comment

The sad state of r600 continues...

Comment

I think u do just something wrong, maybe I am wrong and 99-100% of the bugs would happen in lets say fedora rawhide too.

But I would never install ubuntu if I want to test free glx-drivers.

Ubuntus main advantage over something like fedora (for others its a disadvantage) is their commitment to non-free drivers to make it as easy as possible to install them.

And then u use a absolut non official ppa replacing some stuff.

Why not just try then if something like that happens, a fedora rawhide? its a distro where many developers from the free drivers work as major distro or package directly for it. or use ubuntu if needed and compile it yourself.

Its not convinient I know, but why test it then in the first place if most of your audience will not install your setup too?

I would never install fedora to test proprietary drivers, and the same is true about ubuntu and free drivers. Except I want to test how well ubuntu works specificly but want to test the drivers right?

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
              As said already, it's for a ten-year article trying to benchmark every GPU I have my hands on....

Tesseract has been covered many times: http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...ch&q=Tesseract
              and people say Germans have no sense for jokes...

anyway that link doesn't work in 2005...at least they say so.

Comment

some time in the future
                when you will miss those bugs
                remember darkplaces has easter eggs

Comment

I'd be interested to know if any of the failed AMD cards work better with FreeBSD 10's radeonkms.

Comment

Originally posted by Detructor View Post
                    and people say Germans have no sense for jokes...

anyway that link doesn't work in 2005...at least they say so.
                    1. We have funnybot ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Funnybot )
                    2. Michael is not a German
                    3. That link is a search request that lists the articles found (below "Tesseract Linux News") and is not a link to a single article

Comment

What is with that: Micheal is German, Micheal is not a German .

Everyone should play RTCW now , radeon beat fglrx there by large margin due some bug even on Windows .

Comment

Working...
                      X