The Dirty List Of GPUs With Open-Source Drivers Gone Wildly Wrong

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Morpheus View Post
    So why doing it on his hardware then ? Not all people run Linux software on less-than-a-year hardware. The ultrabook may be very cool, but I'm not a rich guy that can afford change my hardware each year. Doing the same tests (multiple kernels with power monitoring) on an older hardware makes sense.

Hardware support for older machines was already mentionned as becoming sometimes problematic. It IS interesting to see the kernel comparison then.
    I'm not saying whether it's interesting or not. That's a personal opinion. What i'm saying is that it's useless to you if you are trying to figure out what will happen on your machine. The only way to see that is to do it yourself and find out.

Laptops all have pretty specialized hardware, a comparison with more standard desktop hardware would be a lot more comparable.

Comment

Will this list ever get revisited in a new article?

Comment

Originally posted by stevenc View Post
        I'd be interested to know if any of the failed AMD cards work better with FreeBSD 10's radeonkms.
        Latest '11.2' has amdgpu driver, which should now light up those R9 cards as well. Might as well test it all the way

Comment

Working...
        X