X.Org Server Systemd Integration Proposed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Drago View Post
    For those anti-systemd, anti-Lennard retards, which will start screaming like little girls... piss off!
    Don't call people retards.

Comment

Originally posted by Drago View Post
      For those anti-systemd, anti-Lennard retards, which will start screaming like little girls... piss off!
      For those pro-systemd, pro-Lennard [bad word], which will start screaming like little boys... piss off!

Comment

Originally posted by Calinou View Post
        Don't call people retards.
        Don't call them people.

Comment

Originally posted by Scimmia View Post
          Don't call them people.
          WOW! rude

Comment

Originally posted by mrugiero View Post
            Is it a build time option?
            I hope they make it a hard dependency.

Comment

Let's give X11... a print server too!

Oh wait, the effin' thing already has one:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xprint

Comment

Originally posted by dragonn View Post
                Does this mean that I will can start X.Org to my user desktop from systemd directly? Without using any login manager or xorg-launcher-helper and etc like that? That would be amazing.
                You already can do that. I just don't see the added benefit of more systemd integration. Let it be handled through PAM like right now, or is that not sufficient? This way, people can choose. And that is exactly why PAM was created in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by Rexilion View Post
                  You already can do that. I just don't see the added benefit of more systemd integration. Let it be handled through PAM like right now, or is that not sufficient? This way, people can choose. And that is exactly why PAM was created in the first place.
                  Last time when I tried to start X server directly from a service file for my user it worked yes - but systemd doesn't create a valid user session and apps with uses for example dbus like pcmanfm didn't worked full.

Comment

Good news!

Good but not enough, I want:
                    - OSS, alsa and pulseaudio systemd integration
                    - X11, Wayland and Mir systemd integration
                    - KDE, Gnome, XFCE, E19, Mate, LXDE and Unity systemd integration
                    - More systemd integration in the kernel (better if systemd makes part of it)
                    - OpenRC, Sysvinit and Upstart systemd integration
                    - Steam OS and Valve games systemd integration
                    - gmail systemd integration
                    - polkit, consolekit, PAM, dbus, udev and eudev systemd integration
                    - systemd as default requirement for any GNU/Linux (this case user must use systemd) and optional for GNU/Hurd and *BSD (this case the user can choose between using or not)
                    - Raspberry Pi support

Well, let's do some feature request in bugzilla!!!
                    Systemd is all good!!! It's better than Linus projects (I think people call it "Linux").

Comment

Originally posted by Rexilion View Post
                      systemd already has a PAM module. This support is to allow running xorg not as root.

Comment

Working...
                      X