Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GLAMOR Will Likely End Up In The X.Org Server

Phoronix: GLAMOR Will Likely End Up In The X.Org Server

With X.Org Server 1.15 being released earlier in the week, now the merge window for X.Org Server 1.16 is open. One of the earliest pull requests for xorg-server 1.16 is by Intel's Eric Anholt and it's to merge GLAMOR acceleration support into the X.Org Server...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Is it just me or does it seems that Xorg started to more rapidly modernize since Wayland started to take off?

Comment

Originally posted by Rexilion View Post
      Is it just me or does it seems that Xorg started to more rapidly modernize since Wayland started to take off?
      That's negative. Wayland/Mir/put here anything, are just consequences of earlier work. Just snowball effect at play. (And all those efforts to trimm X.org down helped too! )

Comment

In this case I think it's more of a reaction to the horrible mess that is SNA.

Comment

It's just you.

Comment

Working...
          X