Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X.Org Server 1.15 RC Brings Multiple New Features

Phoronix: X.Org Server 1.15 RC Brings Multiple New Features

Keith Packard put out the first release candidate to X.Org Server 1.15 this morning. The merge window is now over and a number of new features ended up getting merged for this delayed released...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Sad that the XWayland support was not merged in. Still a nice set of changes though.

Comment

Great that DRI3 and GLX rewrite was merged in.

Too bad XWayland have not been merged in yet.
      Too bad Xserver still runs as root.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
        Too bad Xserver still runs as root.
        KMS helped a lot with the idea of a "non root X" but I think input devices still require root because of X's architecture.
        All opinions are my own not those of my employer if you know who they are.

Comment

Awesome, now that X 1.15 is branched please merge XWayland in git master. What are you waiting for?
          ## VGA ##
          AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
          Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

One feature also did not get in RC - ability to build it! Someone forgot to push new definitions to Xext proto...

Comment

Originally posted by Ericg View Post
              KMS helped a lot with the idea of a "non root X" but I think input devices still require root because of X's architecture.
              Is that still the case with XInput 2.0?
              Is anyone working on fixing so input devices work without root?

Comment

Working...
              X