• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xipeos
    replied
    Originally posted by TheIcebreaker View Post
    i dont have the dmx* binaries as well
    though i have the libdmx libs in X11R7.3/lib
    That's because you didn't compile Xdmx. You most likely do not need it (it provides means to use multi-displays, with each display connected to a different computer).

I've updated my previous post to reflect the contents of a vanilla X11R7.3 build.

Leave a comment:

• TheIcebreaker
    replied
    i dont have the dmx* binaries as well
    though i have the libdmx libs in X11R7.3/lib

Leave a comment:

• Xipeos
    replied
    I dont have many programs in bin like
    1 xterm
    2 glxinfo
    3 glxgears

etc
    That's because they come from different packages. xterm from xterm (obviously) and glxinfo&gears from MesaDemos.

I considered for a moment pasting ls -R somewhere, but it's 5000 something lines. Here's ls /usr/X11/bin though:

Code:
    # ls /usr/X11R7.3_old/bin/
    X@            dga*          inw@          oclock*     smproxy*                    xconsole*    xfindproxy*  xkbvleds*    xmore*                xset*         xvinfo*
    Xnest*        editres*      ioport*       outb@       startx*                     xcursorgen*  xfontsel*    xkbwatch*    xon*                  xsetmode*     xwd*
    Xorg*         fontname.sh*  lbxproxy*     outl@       sxpm*                       xcutsel*     xfs*         xkill*       xorgconfig*           xsetpointer*  xwininfo*
    Xvfb*         fontprop.sh*  listres*      outw@       twm*                        xdbedizzy*   xfsinfo*     xload*       xphelloworld*         xsetroot*     xwud*
    appres*       fonttosfnt*   lndir*        pcitweak*   viewres*                    xditview*    xft-config*  xlogo*       xplsprinters*         xsm*
    atobm*        fslsfonts*    luit*         proxymngr*  x11perf*                    xdm*         xfwp*        xlsatoms*    xpr*                  xstdcmap*
    bdftopcf*     fstobdf*      makedepend*   revpath*    x11perfcomp*                xdmshell*    xgamma*      xlsclients*  xprehashprinterlist*  xtrapchar*
    beforelight*  gccmakedep*   makeg*        rstart*     xauth*                      xdpr*        xgc*         xlsfonts*    xprop*                xtrapin*
    bitmap*       gtf*          makestrs*     rstartd*    xauth_switch_to_sun-des-1*  xdpyinfo*    xhost*       xmag*        xpsimplehelloworld*   xtrapinfo*
    bmtoa*        iceauth*      mergelib*     scanpci*    xbiff*                      xdriinfo*    xinit*       xman*        xpxthelloworld*       xtrapout*
    ccmakedep*    ico*          mkdirhier*    sessreg*    xcalc*                      xedit*       xkbbell*     xmessage*    xrandr*               xtrapproto*
    cleanlinks*   imake*        mkfontdir*    setxkbmap*  xclipboard*                 xev*         xkbcomp*     xmh*         xrdb*                 xtrapreset*
    cvt*          inb@          mkfontscale*  showfont*   xclock*                     xeyes*       xkbevd*      xmkmf*       xrefresh*             xtrapstats*
    cxpm*         inl@          mkhtmlindex*  showrgb*    xcmsdb*                     xfd*         xkbprint*    xmodmap*     xrx*                  xvidtune*
    If you followed the instructions, and only some drivers failed, then you *have* everything.
    Last edited by Xipeos; 31 October 2007, 08:47 AM.

Leave a comment:

• TheIcebreaker
    replied
    are plz give me your ls -R X11R7.3
    I need to verify wat all is missing.

I dont have many programs in bin like
    1 xterm
    2 glxinfo
    3 glxgears

etc

Leave a comment:

• Xipeos
    replied
    But there were no Libfglrx files inside and no aticonfig
    it only copied a dri module in X11R7.3/modules/dri
    I can't know for sure, as I don't know how your system is set up. In my experience, the ati installer puts its files in /usr/lib/{dri,xorg} which are symlinks to /usr/X11/lib/{modules/dri,xorg} respectively. You should check that those links are not broken, or the installer will just abandon.

Originally posted by TheIcebreaker
    but modules are supposed to be in xorg/modules I suppose.
    On my system, only libfglrxdrm.so and fglrx_drv.so are in xorg/modules/{linux,drivers}.

Leave a comment:

• TheIcebreaker
    replied
    Well the install went well.
    Everything was built except some input drivers and video-glide.
    But as you said i dont need that.

Problem now is that I tried to install the fglrx driver on the new Xorg after symlinking and all that.
    installer said everything ok.

But there were no Libfglrx files inside and no aticonfig
    it only copied a dri module in X11R7.3/modules/dri

but modules are supposed to be in xorg/modules I suppose.
    In the end expectedly the fglrx module did not load and X could not start.
    any ideas.

Leave a comment:

• Xipeos
    replied
    can you just post an ls -R of your build directory
    No. Why would you want it? Here's the script diff though (I'm assuming this is want you really want).

Leave a comment:

• TheIcebreaker
    replied
    can you just post an ls -R of your build directory

Originally posted by Xipeos View Post
    You most likely do not need any other input drivers than keyboard, mouse and joystick. I do not know why evdev, vmmouse and the others fail, but I don't really care (I just removed them from the beginning like I said before).

Leave a comment:

• Xipeos
    replied
    error in building input evdev ,vmmouse for a few
    what do i do.
    You most likely do not need any other input drivers than keyboard, mouse and joystick. I do not know why evdev, vmmouse and the others fail, but I don't really care (I just removed them from the beginning like I said before).

Leave a comment:

• TheIcebreaker
    replied
    I tried the above metod got all the dependencies and after multiple build attempts i am getting errors.

error in building input evdev ,vmmouse for a few
    what do i do.

Originally posted by Xipeos View Post
    You need damageproto 1.1.0 to compile, but only 1.0.3 is provided in the 7.3 tree.

*EDIT: meh this is no longer true, sorry for the false information.

Move /usr/X11R6 to /usr/X11R6_old then create a link from 7.3 to R6:
    Code:
    mv /usr/X11R6 /usr/X11R6_old&&ln -s /usr/X11R7.3 /usr/X11R6
    Some people intall X11 directly in /usr, but this way it's cleaner and much easier to up/downgrade.

When you want to go back, simply remove the link and rename X11R6_old to X11R6.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X