Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheIcebreaker View Post
    can you just post an ls -R of your build directory
    No. Why would you want it? Here's the script diff though (I'm assuming this is want you really want).

Comment

Well the install went well.
      Everything was built except some input drivers and video-glide.
      But as you said i dont need that.

Problem now is that I tried to install the fglrx driver on the new Xorg after symlinking and all that.
      installer said everything ok.

But there were no Libfglrx files inside and no aticonfig
      it only copied a dri module in X11R7.3/modules/dri

but modules are supposed to be in xorg/modules I suppose.
      In the end expectedly the fglrx module did not load and X could not start.
      any ideas.

Comment

But there were no Libfglrx files inside and no aticonfig
        it only copied a dri module in X11R7.3/modules/dri
        I can't know for sure, as I don't know how your system is set up. In my experience, the ati installer puts its files in /usr/lib/{dri,xorg} which are symlinks to /usr/X11/lib/{modules/dri,xorg} respectively. You should check that those links are not broken, or the installer will just abandon.

Originally posted by TheIcebreaker
        but modules are supposed to be in xorg/modules I suppose.
        On my system, only libfglrxdrm.so and fglrx_drv.so are in xorg/modules/{linux,drivers}.

Comment

are plz give me your ls -R X11R7.3
          I need to verify wat all is missing.

I dont have many programs in bin like
          1 xterm
          2 glxinfo
          3 glxgears

etc

Comment

I dont have many programs in bin like
            1 xterm
            2 glxinfo
            3 glxgears

etc
            That's because they come from different packages. xterm from xterm (obviously) and glxinfo&gears from MesaDemos.

I considered for a moment pasting ls -R somewhere, but it's 5000 something lines. Here's ls /usr/X11/bin though:

Code:
            # ls /usr/X11R7.3_old/bin/
            X@            dga*          inw@          oclock*     smproxy*                    xconsole*    xfindproxy*  xkbvleds*    xmore*                xset*         xvinfo*
            Xnest*        editres*      ioport*       outb@       startx*                     xcursorgen*  xfontsel*    xkbwatch*    xon*                  xsetmode*     xwd*
            Xorg*         fontname.sh*  lbxproxy*     outl@       sxpm*                       xcutsel*     xfs*         xkill*       xorgconfig*           xsetpointer*  xwininfo*
            Xvfb*         fontprop.sh*  listres*      outw@       twm*                        xdbedizzy*   xfsinfo*     xload*       xphelloworld*         xsetroot*     xwud*
            appres*       fonttosfnt*   lndir*        pcitweak*   viewres*                    xditview*    xft-config*  xlogo*       xplsprinters*         xsm*
            atobm*        fslsfonts*    luit*         proxymngr*  x11perf*                    xdm*         xfwp*        xlsatoms*    xpr*                  xstdcmap*
            bdftopcf*     fstobdf*      makedepend*   revpath*    x11perfcomp*                xdmshell*    xgamma*      xlsclients*  xprehashprinterlist*  xtrapchar*
            beforelight*  gccmakedep*   makeg*        rstart*     xauth*                      xdpr*        xgc*         xlsfonts*    xprop*                xtrapin*
            bitmap*       gtf*          makestrs*     rstartd*    xauth_switch_to_sun-des-1*  xdpyinfo*    xhost*       xmag*        xpsimplehelloworld*   xtrapinfo*
            bmtoa*        iceauth*      mergelib*     scanpci*    xbiff*                      xdriinfo*    xinit*       xman*        xpxthelloworld*       xtrapout*
            ccmakedep*    ico*          mkdirhier*    sessreg*    xcalc*                      xedit*       xkbbell*     xmessage*    xrandr*               xtrapproto*
            cleanlinks*   imake*        mkfontdir*    setxkbmap*  xclipboard*                 xev*         xkbcomp*     xmh*         xrdb*                 xtrapreset*
            cvt*          inb@          mkfontscale*  showfont*   xclock*                     xeyes*       xkbevd*      xmkmf*       xrefresh*             xtrapstats*
            cxpm*         inl@          mkhtmlindex*  showrgb*    xcmsdb*                     xfd*         xkbprint*    xmodmap*     xrx*                  xvidtune*
            If you followed the instructions, and only some drivers failed, then you *have* everything.
            Last edited by Xipeos; 31 October 2007, 08:47 AM.

Comment

i dont have the dmx* binaries as well
              though i have the libdmx libs in X11R7.3/lib

Comment

i dont have the dmx* binaries as well
                though i have the libdmx libs in X11R7.3/lib
                That's because you didn't compile Xdmx. You most likely do not need it (it provides means to use multi-displays, with each display connected to a different computer).

I've updated my previous post to reflect the contents of a vanilla X11R7.3 build.

Comment

Working...
                X