X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RussianNeuroMancer
    replied
    Originally posted by uid313 View Post
    Fucking AMD and nVidia is holding back progression and innovation.

Now, we're all stuck with an old version of X for another 8 months.
    Thanks assholes! Fucking AMD and nVidia!

Even as a non-owner of AMD nor nVidia hardware, you still get fucked by AMD and nVidia.
    I fix it for you.

Take a look: https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ub...ch/036848.html
    For the proprietary drivers, -nvidia now has a compatible release we can provide, but we're still awaiting updates for -fglrx and -tegra.
    So Michael for purpose "forgot" to mention Tegra driver and now you bashing AMD...

Leave a comment:

• Ishayu
    replied
    Why rev X.org anyway?

I mean sure it has a few bug fixes. Nothing particularly major.

On the other hand it, as people have already pointed out, breaks the proprietary drivers to rev X.org. I don't understand why they need to update it at this time even if they weren't working on Mir. Other OS's don't play whack-a-mole with their driver model every few months either, do they?

And besides, Ubuntu allows you to COMPILE AND RUN ANY CODE YOU LIKE, so if you want to update your version of X.org for whatever reason in Ubuntu 13.04, then you are free to do that. By the way, you can also remove Unity AND Mir (whenever it arrives). Shock and horror!

Leave a comment:

• funkSTAR
    replied
    Originally posted by rgloor View Post
    "CONTRIBUTE HELP" for whom? Contribute and help for themself of course! Rather than helping and contributing for Wayland.
    Well, Canonical being on the ego trip, suffering from the "not-invented-here" syndrom.
    and NCLAH...

Leave a comment:

• rgloor
    replied
    "We're also starting to balance our time between X and Mir, so if this gives us any extra time then we can contribute help towards Mir development."
    "CONTRIBUTE HELP" for whom? Contribute and help for themself of course! Rather than helping and contributing for Wayland.
    Well, Canonical being on the ego trip, suffering from the "not-invented-here" syndrom.

Leave a comment:

• newwen
    replied
    Originally posted by mannerov View Post
    I think this is good news for Amd owners who use ubuntu:
    they will be able to upgrade when 13.04 is ready and not wait 3 months to have an amd driver that install properly with the new X server
    I had to downgrade to Xorg 1.12 because legacy Catalyst won't work with 1.13

Leave a comment:

• uid313
    replied
    Fucking AMD

Fucking AMD is holding back progression and innovation.

Nvidia already have new drivers out long ago to support the latest X.
    Why cant AMD?

Now, we're all stuck with an old version of X for another 8 months.
    Thanks assholes! Fucking AMD!

Even as a non-owner of AMD hardware, you still get fucked by AMD.

Leave a comment:

• blackout23
    replied
    I'm so glad I'm capable of using distros other than Ubuntu. Canonical is going downhill.

Leave a comment:

• zoomblab
    replied
    Originally posted by mannerov View Post
    they will be able to upgrade when 13.04 is ready and not wait 3 months to have an amd driver that install properly with the new X server
    My thoughts too. After 2 being patient a couple of months with 12.10 and AMD drivers not working, I had to rollback to 12.04 to try Steam and have a working system in general. IMO, since Valve entered the game, Ubuntu should be more conservative from now on.

Leave a comment:

• mannerov
    replied

Leave a comment:

• TemplarGR
    replied
    I am amazed! How low will they go? They won't support something on a Linux Desktop distro because it might have some negative impact for (inexistant) tablet/phone users? LOL!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X