Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• plonoma
    replied
    I would love to see some general input framework.
    Mice, keyboard, joystick, steering wheel, touch screen, others...

Guess most work now is in remaking things with a clean, well functioning design.
    (Which is by the way a very good reason to remake things.)

Leave a comment:

• frign
    replied
    Originally posted by TemplarGR View Post
    X.Org is old and high maintainance. I suppose most are waiting for alternatives like Wayland. There is no need to provide much work for such a project that will become irrelevant after a while...
    Wayland is not trying to be a new Xorg-Server, it just is an alternative in user-space. There may be efforts some day to make a cleaner kernel-space-X-environment (which I would love to see, as currently things like keyboards and mice are redundantly set up), but Wayland isn't it.

Leave a comment:

• TemplarGR
    replied
    X.Org is old and high maintainance. I suppose most are waiting for alternatives like Wayland. There is no need to provide much work for such a project that will become irrelevant after a while...

Leave a comment:

• phoronix
    started a topic Development Pace Of X.Org Is On The Decline

Development Pace Of X.Org Is On The Decline

Phoronix: Development Pace Of X.Org Is On The Decline

Donnie Berkholz presented at FOSDEM 2013 with various X.Org statistics and a look at the health of the development community. Not counting just the X.Org Server but also related components within the X.Org umbrella, the pace of development appears to be on the decline...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X