Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Planning Out The DRI3 Implementation Details

Phoronix: Planning Out The DRI3 Implementation Details

If you didn't hear yesterday, DRI3 was planned out and it all came together on the fly after developers began talking of a "Direct Rendering Infrastructure 3" while enjoying beers the night prior...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Doesn't Wayland use DRI as well?

I thought it's something any display server would build upon.

Comment

Originally posted by mark45 View Post
      Doesn't Wayland use DRI as well?

I thought it's something any display server would build upon.
      i believe not, wayland as far i can see in the code uses evdev,kms, ttm, mesa, and not totally sure libdrm.

if i understand right DRI is like glue to get this things into X.Org but ofc i can be wrong and possibly better to expect response from our residents X.Org guru

Comment

Why is Wayland going to be ready for a production environment?

Comment

Originally posted by LLStarks View Post
          Why is Wayland going to be ready for a production environment?
          i think you meant when

well first need to reach 1.0 maybe november or lately octuber, after that at least KDE and GNOME need to port their compositors because they probably will put enough stress in the system to iron out most bugs, once those bug get iron out i think maybe wayland will reach 1.1 or 1.2 version and most likely be considered early production ready

6 months/1 year maybe

Comment

Great Video

This is the best X conference video on Phoronix ever. Kudos to those responsible.

Comment

Originally posted by calica View Post
              This is the best X conference video on Phoronix ever. Kudos to those responsible.
              Probably because it was improvised and dependent on input from the people watching it. Its not the presenters throwing information at people, its the presenters going "Okay we have an idea, we want to do it....how do we do it?" so its a discussion instead of a presentation.
              All opinions are my own not those of my employer if you know who they are.

Comment

Originally posted by calica View Post
                SuSE's conference facility here is very nicely set up for this with multiple cameras, and feeds from the projector input directly to the video system.

Comment

Keith Packard seems to be a talented "presenter" thus making the presentation/discussion flow and pleasurable.

And seems like he is a really nice guy.

Comment

Working...
                  X