KMSCUBE: Spinning Cube Comes To The KMS Console

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GBM

What is GBM (mentioned in the article) ?

Comment

Originally posted by sturmflut View Post
      and this is the result:
      Thank you!

And I thought you would get the text console overlayed... That would have been some fancy server console ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by curaga View Post
        Around the same it takes under X and desktop GL. Which should be around 100 lines, assuming using raw X and no glut and friends.
        Are you drunk? 329 lines of kmscube.c is just raw GLES calls to deal with the spinning cube, which would be the _exact_ _same_ _code_ you'd use on GL/GLX/X11. 84 lines is initialising modesetting. 48 lines is dealing with GBM buffers directly. It's really not that onerous.

Comment

Originally posted by daniels View Post
          Are you drunk? 329 lines of kmscube.c is just raw GLES calls to deal with the spinning cube, which would be the _exact_ _same_ _code_ you'd use on GL/GLX/X11. 84 lines is initialising modesetting. 48 lines is dealing with GBM buffers directly. It's really not that onerous.
          i said the same thing[less technical tho] dunno maybe he made a booboo or was in trolling mode

Comment

Originally posted by sturmflut View Post
            I just built it manually with

gcc -I/usr/include/libdrm/ kmscube.c esTransform.c -o kmscube -ldrm -lgbm -lGL -lEGL -LGLESv2 -lm
            What version/branch of mesa did you use?
            The latest 8.0.3 version I'm using on Archlinux is missing most of the gbm data structures and functions that kmscube uses.

Comment

Working...
            X