Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DRI2 Offloading Support Hits The X.Org Drivers

Phoronix: DRI2 Offloading Support Hits The X.Org Drivers

David Airlie's work on DRI2 PRIME offloading and RandR provider objects for allowing features like NVIDIA Optimus to finally work is finally about ready...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I'm having issues with the xf86-video-intel driver just showing a blank screen when I start X since the latest commits and the xf86-video-ati driver isn't compiling for me at the moment. Will look into it tonight and see if I can figure out what's wrong

Comment

Originally posted by FireBurn View Post
      I'm having issues with the xf86-video-intel driver just showing a blank screen when I start X since the latest commits and the xf86-video-ati driver isn't compiling for me at the moment. Will look into it tonight and see if I can figure out what's wrong
      Today I ran the stable xorg server with xf86-video-radeon git and had a black screen so I thought I had something not downgraded... When I upgraded to xorg git it all worked again. So maybe it's a bug with xorg 1.12 + ddx from git.

It's just a typo in xf86-video-ati git. It says "return FALSE:" with a : at the end instead of a ;. I corrected it and it runs fine.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisXY View Post
        Today I ran the stable xorg server with xf86-video-radeon git and had a black screen so I thought I had something not downgraded... When I upgraded to xorg git it all worked again. So maybe it's a bug with xorg 1.12 + ddx from git.

It's just a typo in xf86-video-ati git. It says "return FALSE:" with a : at the end instead of a ;. I corrected it and it runs fine.
        I'm running 1.13 rc4 or 5 (which ever is the latest in portage)

As for the black screen this shouldn't happen even with the wrong xorg server and a typo that produces a build failure is a little worrying - especially when it goes unfixed for 13 hours

Comment

Originally posted by FireBurn View Post
          this shouldn't happen
          Oh no, the git version is not working correctly. How on earth could that happen when it is tested so extensively?

With projects as active and complicated as those there will occassionally be breakage. Tomorrow everything will work again.

Comment

Most dev's compile check their code before pushing upstream - bugs are to be expected - build failures aren't

Comment

Looks like that bit of the code was only compiled with older X servers like the one I was using hence why it was missed

The black screen was due to SNA not having PRIME support (which has now been added)

I'm still not seeing my radeon show up as a provider though :-(

Comment

Working...
              X