Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• log0
    replied
    I've skimmed through the pdf yesterday. Interesting stuff even for non driver devs. Too bad the (for me) interesting bits like OpenGL/Mesa, Gallium3D are not there yet. Can't wait till it is finished.

Leave a comment:

• entropy
    replied
    Originally posted by DeepDayze View Post
    A very good idea this is for Linux enthusiasts to understand the internals of Linux graphics drivers and how to develop new ones. I believe a book on general device driver development would also be a good idea too so that new developers can possibly write drivers for all kinds of devices starting from the device programming specs through debugging/testing using kernel tools to to the final finished driver.
    Maybe I got you wrong but there are quite a few books on general Linux device drivers.

"Linux Device Drivers 3rd Ed." (by Jonathan Corbet, Alessandro Rubini, and Greg Kroah-Hartman, 2005)
    is a very popular one and you can even get the ebook for free:

Leave a comment:

• DeepDayze
    replied
    A very good idea this is for Linux enthusiasts to understand the internals of Linux graphics drivers and how to develop new ones. I believe a book on general device driver development would also be a good idea too so that new developers can possibly write drivers for all kinds of devices starting from the device programming specs through debugging/testing using kernel tools to to the final finished driver.

Leave a comment:

• entropy
    replied
    THIS.IS.AMAZING.

Really, it is.

It's all about lowering the threshold for new contributors.
    I'm looking forward to it.

Leave a comment:

• phoronix
    started a topic A Book On Linux Graphics Driver Development

A Book On Linux Graphics Driver Development

Phoronix: A Book On Linux Graphics Driver Development

Next month in N?rnberg prior to the start of XDC2012, X.Org developers hope to get together and write a book about graphics driver development...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X