Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by archibald View Post
    This is excellent news!

Since my company doesn't use RHEL, and I'm just a lone user who would like to support Mr. Arlie, does anybody know if there's a "Buy an X-dev a beer" page?

Perhaps I could get a kickstarter project going to set up such a page...
    I thinks that this is a good idea. Just imagine, companies like Canonical, Red-Hat, Novell etc.. create some sorte of Kickstarter website but for opensource projects, then anyone who want to contribute to the open-source world just propose his idea, and say how much he needs in order to work full time on it. And if people believe in the project, and they have money, they just send to support.

I think that this can give some boost to a lot of open-source projects

Comment

Originally posted by aliasbody View Post
      I thinks that this is a good idea. Just imagine, companies like Canonical, Red-Hat, Novell etc.. create some sorte of Kickstarter website but for opensource projects, then anyone who want to contribute to the open-source world just propose his idea, and say how much he needs in order to work full time on it. And if people believe in the project, and they have money, they just send to support.

I think that this can give some boost to a lot of open-source projects
      I think that it will be very useful. Also I think it should be like an open auction. Users could suggest ideas to developers and developers could offer a price and a project-time (time to implement the suggested feature); then users could choose a developer with an appropriate experience, price and project-time and send him (her, them) money.

Comment

Originally posted by Gusar View Post
        It does actually. On many Optimus machines, HDMI-out is connected only to the Nvidia card. This allows you to use it by using the Nvidia card as an output slave.

Of course the main thing people want from Optimus is using the Nvidia card as an offload slave. But that too will be part of xrandr 1.5, and I'm sure there will immediately be an article here at Phoronix once new patches for that get posted
        I'm already using my HDMI out so that's all good. I'll keep an eye out for xrandr releases, being on Arch I shouldn't have to wait long.

Comment

Working...
        X