Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X.Org Was Not Accepted To GSoC 2012

Phoronix: X.Org Was Not Accepted To GSoC 2012

Well, here's a surprise, Google has decided to not accept the X.Org Foundation into participating in this year's Google Summer of Code. Any students interested in contributing to X.Org / Mesa / Wayland over the summer will not be part of Google's annual arrangement...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

So they accepted Haiku (full respect to the project but i can't find a real utility) and rejected Wayland??

Comment

I seriously question their judgment in this.

Comment

wow

that was weird

hope they'll rethink that

Comment

Originally posted by freedam View Post
          So they accepted Haiku (full respect to the project but i can't find a real utility) and rejected Wayland??
          Maybe they will base the next version of Android on haiku? Bunch of hypocrites.

Comment

I see where they're coming from, X projects haven't had a great success rate in the previous years.

Comment

How do they know yet? As I understand it the full list will be 180, and when I check now the list only has 149 so far. Yesterday when I checked it went from 69 to 80 something.

Comment

Originally posted by asdx
                Fuck Google.
                Why? Is it because they give away a lot of money and support for this project which gives them little direct benefit other that some recruitment propaganda, and that this year they decided to support a few less projects than last year?

Comment

Originally posted by curaga View Post
                  I see where they're coming from, X projects haven't had a great success rate in the previous years.
                  This is not why. Please don't spread misinformation.

Comment

Originally posted by WorBlux View Post
                    Why? Is it because they give away a lot of money and support for this project which gives them little direct benefit other that some recruitment propaganda, and that this year they decided to support a few less projects than last year?
                    Just because they accepted something like haiku and rejected very important part of Linux.

Comment

Working...
                    X