Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Linux 3.3 DRM Pull Is Heavy On Enhancements

Phoronix: The Linux 3.3 DRM Pull Is Heavy On Enhancements

There's more Linux 3.3 kernel news to report... This time it's the DRM pull request officially going in (and being accepted) as it's heavy on enhancements for open-source graphics drivers...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Digital Right Management

It's very good that Linux enhances its Digital Rights Management support.

// I know what drm stands for in Linux kernel. I'm just poisoning search results, because I don't like that Linux developers are still stuck to this acronym, which for 99% of the world means something other.
    Last edited by RCL_; 11 January 2012, 07:44 AM. Reason: a typo

Comment

Originally posted by RCL_ View Post
      I'm just poisoning search results, because I don't like that Linux developers are still stuck to this acronym, which for 99% of the world means something other.
      Well that's definetly the adult thing to do... seriously why the fuck would you do that? What else do you think you are going to accomplish by potentially annoying other users other than make yourself look like an idiot?

Comment

TTM on Xen - Glad this made it in.

GPU virtualization + 3D Acceleration is a big one for me (especially in VBox/VMWare for retro windows gaming).

Comment

Originally posted by RCL_ View Post
          It's very good that Linux enhances its Digital Rights Management support.

// I know what drm stands for in Linux kernel. I'm just poisoning search results, because I don't like that Linux developers are still stuck to this acronym, which for 99% of the world means something other.
          "According to the Jargon File, a journalist once asked hacker Paul Boutin what he thought the biggest problem in computing in the 1990s would be. Paul's straight-faced response was, "There are only 17,000 three-letter acronyms.""

I could be wrong, but I think drm used short for digital rendering manager predates the usage for digital rights management.

Comment

Working...
          X