Yet Another VIA Linux Driver Has Arrived

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Thatguy View Post
    One Laptop Per child, yes just what the world needs, more fat lazy pimple faced geeks who can't get laid.
    You really are "that guy." It's people like you that makes me hate forums and mailing lists. The incessant idiocy makes otherwise useful and good places unbearable. Thanks for contributing to that.

Comment

Originally posted by mattst88 View Post
      You really are "that guy." It's people like you that makes me hate forums and mailing lists. The incessant idiocy makes otherwise useful and good places unbearable. Thanks for contributing to that.

Comment

Please, people, don't be trollish. If VIA used to have something positive, is that it is so irrelevant to most people it has very little trolling. Don't change that!

Comment

Case in point. Sigh.

Comment

Microsoft had record profits this past quarter.

despite all of your blather.

One Laptop Per child, yes just what the world needs, more fat lazy pimple faced geeks who can't get laid.

Kids needs rocks, sunshine and to go play with their friends, Not be sitting around on laptops trying to figure out bash.

Mostly these underprivliged tots needs food and clean drinking water.

BTW I am totally OK with not everyone having a computer. No skin off my balls, if you live in a country where a job doesn't pay enough to buy one then you likely live in a country that does not have the infastructure to support one.
            You are saying this, because your mommy always gave you a computer.
            There are lots of children in the world that don't have money to afford one.
            A computer on their hands can change their future and made them more informed people, that can even contribute to the open source development.
            If people live in a country with social problems, this don't means that they can't be using a computer.
            This kind of response, makes me think that this "Thatguy" is a VIA employee.
            They should be of this kind of dumbness and that is the reason that make them do on of the worst video cards on the world.

Comment

bloody idiots.

The guy behind openvia and now -chrome is called Jon Nettleton. This guy has been hanging around openchrome for a long while, and likes to bash the author of -unichrome (me) a lot, ignoring the vast amount of dependency he has on stuff that same person did before. Nettleton has not really burned the code/idea contribution charts in the 4-5 years that he has been hanging around.

There is little actual olpc involvement here, nettleton just seems to be the only one of the openchrome guys who talked himself into OLPC, and is now aiming for that. Not sure whether he does this in his spare time or whether he is contracting for them. From the amount of code, i'd say spare time only. No self-respecting contractor, in the open source field, would deliver this and get any money paid.

Now, the openchromers are forkers, they forked away from unichrome. Now one of them forked away again, first created a repo he threw away (openvia? -- and which self-respecting open source developer throws away public repos?). And now he has done -chrome. Great.

The content of the thing is nothing new: it is a recent VIA codedrop, with some rather minor cleanups. Guess how unichrome started, almost 8 years ago? What will VIA do next, if it does anything: they will release a new codedrop. So what will nettleton do then?

All i can say is: bloody idiots.

Comment

Simmons seems to be the only one who wants to unify that multiplied work, as this mail says, he wants to merge it to the openchrome driver.

Comment

Talk is cheap, and this is exactly what the posted story should teach us.

If you really want to know what sort of person simmons is, then look at his code, and then you know that you can forget that kms story. This guy, nor nettleton, will bring any real progress.

Comment

Working...
                  X