No announcement yet.

Vandalizing Open-Source Drivers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A simple solution, ladies and gentleman; the concept of weekly physical backup...

Comment

Originally posted by crazycheese View Post
      My mindflow was: company sold -> very probably fired -> bad mood -> some personal graffiti

But, if this is done by RH, the only thing that comes to my mind is payed sabotage by 3rd party. Someone who wishes public trust to RH, its projects, quality of its work and its employees to go down in small to mid timeframe. Perhaps being uncovered after some time was also part of the plan.

Personally, I cannot imagine an adult starting doing baby-fun to others just because he has bad mood. Salary, rep. as pro.(carrier) , rep. as human(friend circle) - setting all these on fire just because he had bad mood. No possible way, unless something covered his mind(drugs etc).
      I think he already said that a few drinks had been consumed, since i was consuming drinks at the early stage of the night with the same people.

Of course it would be simpler if it was some sort of Red Hat plot that is if you were an idiot. You and Luc should write a book of conspiracy theories. Mel Gibson might play you in a movie.

Dave.

Comment

So, it was an inside job, and not an exploited vulnerability.

The man who notified this incident made the correct thing, to notify the problem, it is like other people didn't like it to be notified.

This time it was not a lose of data, nor a big problem.
        But as Luc said, how can someone now trust that their work will be save in the fd.o server? If this happened once, it can happen thousands of times.

It seems that some do not take this seriously. This is like vandalism, it is not like as simple as saying sorry and giving the keys back. This should in the future (and now too, if possible) have a legal consequence, like paying a fine or jail, not only revoking some admin privilegies.

The fd.o rules should be reviewed and improved.

Comment

Personally, I cannot imagine an adult starting doing baby-fun to others just because he has bad mood. Salary, rep. as pro.(carrier) , rep. as human(friend circle) - setting all these on fire just because he had bad mood. No possible way, unless something covered his mind(drugs etc).
          Maybe you should leave the basement and join the real world, where adults do stupid and childish things all the time for a variety of ridiculous reasons.

Comment

Originally posted by yesterday View Post
            Maybe you should leave the basement and join the real world, where adults do stupid and childish things all the time for a variety of ridiculous reasons.
            Sorry, I don't live in America.

Comment

Originally posted by airlied View Post
              I think he already said that a few drinks had been consumed, since i was consuming drinks at the early stage of the night with the same people.

Of course it would be simpler if it was some sort of Red Hat plot that is if you were an idiot. You and Luc should write a book of conspiracy theories. Mel Gibson might play you in a movie.

Dave.
              No need for movie, he (ajax) gets extra beer from me anytime for just NOT doing smthing like this and to this extent. He didn't just get Luc attention, I think he got himself attention from 80% linux userbase today. Way more popular than Mel, if you ask me

Comment

Phoronix got hthe im attention...

He didn't just get Luc attention, I think he got himself attention from 80% linux userbase today. Way more popular than Mel, if you ask me
                I don't condone what he did (it was really dumb), but in his defense, he probably wasn't counting on the news making it to Phoronix. That's where the attention comes from; he didn't get it himself.

Comment

Originally posted by Delgarde View Post
                  No. Moral of the story, someone with root access on those servers thinks playing pranks is a good use of the trust people have given him. Harmless or not, this is a pretty bad look for FD.o...
                  It doesn't look bad at all. No one is suggesting their servers got rooted. The worst thing about this is the stuffy reaction on the mailing list; who the hell wants to deal with that project.

someone ... thinks playing pranks is a good use of the trust people have given him
                  Christmas at the Delgarde household must be splendid fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Plombo View Post
                    I don't condone what he did (it was really dumb), but in his defense, he probably wasn't counting on the news making it to Phoronix. That's where the attention comes from; he didn't get it himself.
                    The result should've been rather clear to especially these two individuals.

Comment

Aw, this was just so unnecessary. A simple warning (or perhaps even an error if one wants to really make the point) at the end of configure that the driver isn't actively maintained anymore should've sufficed...

Comment

Working...
                      X