Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Running The X.Org Server Without Root Privileges

Phoronix: Running The X.Org Server Without Root Privileges

Besides talking about the X.Org Server development process and the X.Org Server 1.10 plans, Keith Packard also talked about not running the X.Org Server as root (also sometimes referred to as a "root-less X Server") during XDS Toulouse...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I don't know about anyone else, but the audio on these recordings is atrocious. I hear ambient noise and typing so clearly that the discussion is drowned.

I appreciate the effort of covering the event and posting the video. But the audio needs significant improvement.

If anyone has transcripts of this session, I'd rather read those.

Comment

Same here. I can't understand anything they're saying.

Comment

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
        Due to YouTube limitations, the video is available in three parts.
        Then don't use YouTube.

Comment

There is nothing wrong with youtube. html5 support and it's easy to use clive to pull everything down.

Sound is a issue and probably the best bet you can do is do:
          clive -f best youtube-url-blah

That'll get the best quality available and hopefully you can play around with levels or something to make ti easier to hear. mplayer is pretty decent for this sort of thing. See the equalizer audio filter.

Comment

Matt Dew may have some records from this session also.

Comment

Working...
            X