No announcement yet.

X.Org Is Looking For A New Logo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what is wrong with the current logo? it's perfectly fine and doesn't look old in any way.

Comment

Originally posted by yoshi314 View Post
      what is wrong with the current logo? it's perfectly fine and doesn't look old in any way.
      This was the other thing I forgot to say. It's simple and clean. Compared to some logos, it may as well be the gold standard.

The X.org logo is the X.org logo. It's not like anyone else can really claim they had it first unless they've had it since 1984 or so.

Comment

Originally posted by yoshi314 View Post
        +1

I've always found the X.org logo pretty cool. Certainly better than most other FOSS logos.

Comment

How about this?

(I am so sorry for this, but I just couldn't resist. And when I'd done all the work it felt like a bad idea not to upload it. It's not meant for trolling, but for a good laugh..)

Comment

Hi!

Upon seeing this article in my feed I HAD to dive in here. I'm a professional logo and brand identity designer and I use open source tools in my work. I would LOVE to have the opportunity to design the X.org Foundation's new logo. In fact, I recently made a post on my site about giving back to the open source community.

How do I get in contact with them? Their site doesn't seem to provide an easy way to get in touch with them. =[

Thanks for any help in advance. =]

Comment

Originally posted by V!NCENT View Post
              I got an awesome, simple, recognisable, distinct, split in two pieces ("client and server") and only one color logo. But I need a good GIMP expert...
              I'm pretty good with Inkscape, what do you have in mind?

Comment

I also like the current logo.

Comment

Originally posted by devius View Post
                  A logo should really be done with a vector drawing program like Inkscape. What exactly do you have in mind for the logo?
                  I know, that's why I need an expert to make it look good :')

Here's a dirty quick draw of what I had in mind:

Comment

Of course the font and the color suck a little. A tiny (R) could be placed in white in the top right. The edges of the sliced "X" should be sharp. The other edges (top left, top right, bottom left, bottom right) of the logo itself should be round.

I obviously license this design under the "Do whatever the fsck you want with it"-license.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                      X