X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• squirrl
    replied
    Voodoo ran great on 98.

Slackware 9 was about the only Linux I knew of that shipped the SDK/driver.

2000 didnt much support the features. 1999 was a good year.

Leave a comment:

• pingufunkybeat
    replied
    Originally posted by waucka View Post
    For what it's worth, I replaced my NVIDIA card with a Radeon, and I run the open-source drivers on all of my ATI machines. I am willing to take the performance and feature hit in exchange for freedom and the promise of future open-source awesomeness.

Also, I really appreciate the work you and others do for the FOSS graphics world. Thank you!
    Right out of my mouth.

Leave a comment:

• pingufunkybeat
    replied
    Originally posted by MostAwesomeDude View Post
    Sorry, were you attempting sarcasm?
    Yes, I was.

In reality, I'm quite a fundie myself.

Leave a comment:

• kraftman
    replied
    Originally posted by pingufunkybeat View Post
    If you compiled your system with ICC (I mean your Windows, not the Linux fundie crap), you would get more FPS on your Workraft. The REAL users will keep laughing at your FPS and your open schmopen source.
    Yeah, nvidia rules!

Leave a comment:

• waucka
    replied
    Originally posted by MostAwesomeDude View Post
    I think this is a variation on Poe's Law: it's hard to tell the difference between a condescending dismissal of perceived fundamentalism from a parody of such.

For what it's worth, I replaced my NVIDIA card with a Radeon, and I run the open-source drivers on all of my ATI machines. I am willing to take the performance and feature hit in exchange for freedom and the promise of future open-source awesomeness.

Also, I really appreciate the work you and others do for the FOSS graphics world. Thank you!

Leave a comment:

• movieman
    replied
    Originally posted by FunkyRider View Post
    nVidia still rules.
    Didn't Nvidia buy 3dfx? I seem to recall that's about the time they began to drop behind ATI .

Leave a comment:

• MostAwesomeDude
    replied
    Originally posted by pingufunkybeat View Post
    >don't be such a fundamentalist zealot

>If you compiled your system with ICC
    >Linux fundie crap
    >The REAL users
    >open schmopen source

Leave a comment:

• pingufunkybeat
    replied
    V!NCENT, don't be such a fundamentalist zealot.

If you compiled your system with ICC (I mean your Windows, not the Linux fundie crap), you would get more FPS on your Workraft.

The REAL users will keep laughing at your FPS and your open schmopen source.

Leave a comment:

• V!NCENT
    replied
    wasting time on this old pile of e-garbage won't get you anywhere. nVidia still rules.
    Yeah, and while we're at it, why not replace GCC with ICC, Wine with Corssover, OO.o with StarOffice and also replace the Linux kernel, because a module is just... it just sucks dude. nVidia still dominates the fscking world. Just replace everything with proprietary crap!

Leave a comment:

• pingufunkybeat
    replied
    wasting time on this old pile of e-garbage won't get you anywhere. nVidia still rules.
    I completely agree. And wasting time on OpenOffice and FreeBSD will not get you anywhere either.

nVidia rules.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X