Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• curaga
    replied
    Now, who was it that said fglrx will get 1.7 support just after 1.8 is out?

Leave a comment:

• krionius
    replied
    Originally posted by waucka View Post
    I have no hope for fglrx. After all the delays and issues, I think the best thing AMD can do is increase support for development of the open-source stack and put fglrx out of its misery.
    It's already working with the Xorg GIT version , so in practice FGLRX 10.4 beta (ubuntu leak) IS compatible already with Xorg 1.8 as there were no such changes that prevent that!

I personally am using Xorg GIT under Arch linux, along with other Arch users (Vi0L0).

What's needed is to checkout GIT and modify the configure.ac's version number to 1.7.5.1 - it will work with the fglrx perfectly just as with xorg-server 1.7!!

Check this and this:

It would be nice to have a HOTFIX version of the 10.4 that will allow the 1.8 version definitions of XORG to work with fglrx catalyst.

Leave a comment:

• rohcQaH
    replied
    Originally posted by Heiko View Post
    it would be good to see AMD releasing preview drivers for new X Server releases
    They do, you can usually find them buried in some ubuntu repository.

Leave a comment:

• waucka
    replied
    Originally posted by Heiko View Post
    While personally I do not have a use for it (I use Ubuntu), it would be good to see AMD releasing preview drivers for new X Server releases (and new kernel versions). We know they can do it, as they released preview drivers for OpenCL and OpenGL 3.3 and OpenGL 4.0.
    I have no hope for fglrx. After all the delays and issues, I think the best thing AMD can do is increase support for development of the open-source stack and put fglrx out of its misery.

Leave a comment:

• Heiko
    replied
    While personally I do not have a use for it (I use Ubuntu), it would be good to see AMD releasing preview drivers for new X Server releases (and new kernel versions). We know they can do it, as they released preview drivers for OpenCL and OpenGL 3.3 and OpenGL 4.0.

Leave a comment:

• phoronix
    started a topic Coming Soon: X Server 1.8

Coming Soon: X Server 1.8

Phoronix: Coming Soon: X Server 1.8

According to the release plans, the release of X Server 1.8 should take place, and while in reality it will likely not be released today, its release is coming soon. When this release does arrive, it will add a new set of features to the X.Org stack and a number of other minor improvements and bug-fixes.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X