Plus im not sure about what phoronix wrote on mkdir /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d
    For me /etc/xorg.conf.d works fine.
    Well maybe both /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d and /etc/xorg.conf.d works same good

Comment

Hi,

Here you go

Comment

Originally posted by krionius View Post
        It's already working with the Xorg GIT version , so in practice FGLRX 10.4 beta (ubuntu leak) IS compatible already with Xorg 1.8 as there were no such changes that prevent that!

I personally am using Xorg GIT under Arch linux, along with other Arch users (Vi0L0).

What's needed is to checkout GIT and modify the configure.ac's version number to 1.7.5.1 - it will work with the fglrx perfectly just as with xorg-server 1.7!!

Check this and this:

It would be nice to have a HOTFIX version of the 10.4 that will allow the 1.8 version definitions of XORG to work with fglrx catalyst.
        Does fglrx-10.4 support kernel-2.6.33 or later?

Comment

With patching the kernel dricer part 10.4 beta catalyst compiles fine. I use it with 2.6.33.

Comment

As someone who only uses rolling-release distributions, fglrx is a lost cause. It's really sad because Nvidia seems to have no issues keeping up with open source development, I don't see why it's such a problem for AMD.

I'd really like to switch back to Nvidia but alas, I game in Windows and have 3 monitors... and GTX 480 SLI is just insane so that's not happening.

Comment

Originally posted by RahulSundaram View Post
              For lots of configuration items you can just use xinput command line in a script.

some example uses (I am not using Xorg 1.8 yet, just whatever is on Debian unstable, so all of this may of changed):

To list the input devices...
              Code:
              $ xinput list
              �� Virtual core pointer                         id=2    [master pointer  (3)]
              �   �� Virtual core XTEST pointer               id=4    [slave  pointer  (2)]
              �   �� "PS/2 Mouse"                             id=12   [slave  pointer  (2)]
              �   �� "AlpsPS/2 ALPS GlidePoint"               id=13   [slave  pointer  (2)]
              �   �� "Macintosh mouse button emulation"       id=14   [slave  pointer  (2)]
              �   �� "Logitech Trackball"                     id=10   [slave  pointer  (2)]
              �   �� "MCT USB PS/2 Keyboard - PS/2 Mouse"     id=16   [slave  pointer  (2)]
              �� Virtual core keyboard                        id=3    [master keyboard (2)]
                  �� Virtual core XTEST keyboard              id=5    [slave  keyboard (3)]
                  �� "Video Bus"                              id=6    [slave  keyboard (3)]
                  �� "Video Bus"                              id=7    [slave  keyboard (3)]
                  �� "Power Button"                           id=8    [slave  keyboard (3)]
                  �� "Sleep Button"                           id=9    [slave  keyboard (3)]
                  �� "AT Translated Set 2 keyboard"           id=11   [slave  keyboard (3)]
                  �� "ACPI Virtual Keyboard Device"           id=15   [slave  keyboard (3)]
                  �� "MCT USB PS/2 Keyboard - PS/2 Mouse"     id=17   [slave  keyboard (3)]
                  �� "C-Media USB Headphone Set  "            id=18   [slave  keyboard (3)]
              To show the properties for my trackball:
              Code:
              $ xinput list-props '"Logitech Trackball"'
              Device '"Logitech Trackball"':
                      Device Enabled (145):   1
                      Device Accel Profile (262):     0
                      Device Accel Constant Deceleration (263):       1.000000
                      Device Accel Adaptive Deceleration (265):       1.000000
                      Device Accel Velocity Scaling (266):    10.000000
                      Evdev Reopen Attempts (260):    10
                      Evdev Axis Inversion (267):     0, 0
                      Evdev Axes Swap (269):  0
                      Axis Labels (270):      "Rel X" (153), "Rel Y" (154)
                      Button Labels (271):    "Button Left" (146), "Button Middle" (147), "Button Right" (148), "Button Wheel Up" (149), "Button Wheel Down" (150), "Button Horiz Wheel Left" (151), "Button Horiz Wheel Right" (152)
                      Evdev Middle Button Emulation (272):    2
                      Evdev Middle Button Timeout (273):      50
                      Evdev Wheel Emulation (274):    0
                      Evdev Wheel Emulation Axes (275):       0, 0, 4, 5
                      Evdev Wheel Emulation Inertia (276):    10
                      Evdev Wheel Emulation Timeout (277):    200
                      Evdev Wheel Emulation Button (278):     4
                      Evdev Drag Lock Buttons (279):  0

To invert the y axis:
              Code:
              $ xinput set-prop '"Logitech Trackball"' 267 0, 1

I like this since changes are done on the fly and I don't have to become root to tweak stuff. Of course you cannot do everything through xinput inerface, but I've done things like configure touch screens and whatnot so it's still pleny useful.

I usually have a script that I setup to get launched when I login, so I can stick all the little stupid things that I want to happen like this.

Comment

Working...
              X