Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• d2globalinc
    replied
    Yah - the eyefinity stuff might save the day with a 6 port card, but I was unable to get 2 3port eyefinity cards to work correctly under ubuntu Karmic..

This has been the best we've accomplished:

This was a quick video we took to see how Ubuntu 9.04 64BIT performed with the following open:- 20 Firefox Windows - Open websites include: ubunut.com, cnn.c...

thread and info here:

UPDATE! UPDATE! UPDATE! 04/19/2009 - NEW VIDEO OF THIS SYSTEM WITH JAUNTY JACKALOPE, KDE 4.2.2, XGL, AND COMPIZ FUSION EFFECTS POSTED: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhMErNsEoZw I will be starting a new thread soon with complete HowTO and information! :guitar: ** ORIGINAL POST BELOW ** FIRST OF ALL! Thanks to the community for the support to make this happen! I did a lot of surfing and reading on this project!

- Shane

Leave a comment:

• mtippett
    replied
    Originally posted by d2globalinc View Post
    Last I checked Nivida SLI in linux only supports 2 GPU's and windows supports all 3.. to power one monitor.. also try enabling composite graphics and spanning 3 or more monitors across multiple GPU's in linux. It's been broken since Ubuntu Hardy, and the only way to get it to work is to use an outdated Xserver-XGL to do it.. Xinerama is not the answer because it also disables composite..

We have several clients that had to choose windows because they had 3 or more monitors.. Linux just can't do it right.

- D2G
    With fglrx, you can do that with 3 monitors on shipping cards and up to six with future cards. It's one surface with RANDR viewports over it, so composite does work.

However, lots of apps get very confused about the "fullscreen" and mixture of xinerama and randr information. This makes compiz not quite the experience you'd expect.

Leave a comment:

• d2globalinc
    replied
    Last I checked Nivida SLI in linux only supports 2 GPU's and windows supports all 3.. to power one monitor.. also try enabling composite graphics and spanning 3 or more monitors across multiple GPU's in linux. It's been broken since Ubuntu Hardy, and the only way to get it to work is to use an outdated Xserver-XGL to do it.. Xinerama is not the answer because it also disables composite..

We have several clients that had to choose windows because they had 3 or more monitors.. Linux just can't do it right.

- D2G

Leave a comment:

• Pfanne
    replied
    Originally posted by cruiseoveride View Post
    I think with open technology like OpenCL we can implement OpenGL ontop of OpenCL and have instant crossfire/sli for any app.
    which will probably run at 10% the speed if you just used opengl directly

Leave a comment:

• cruiseoveride
    replied
    I think with open technology like OpenCL we can implement OpenGL ontop of OpenCL and have instant crossfire/sli for any app.

Leave a comment:

• deanjo
    replied
    Originally posted by Melcar View Post
    Such technologies are mostly gimmicks for the gaming market. Unless a thriving Linux gaming market pops up, tech. such as this will receive little support/interest.
    Not necessarily true, anywhere where a high performance graphics workstation is needed multi GPU solutions can help greatly (Maya, PRO/e, even blender, etc). Also where the Hydra is a different solution is that unlike other competing technologies the method of rendering is very different the traditional slr/afr methods and could at least in theory could allow far more complex rendering.

Leave a comment:

• blackshard
    replied
    Originally posted by Melcar View Post
    Such technologies are mostly gimmicks for the gaming market. Unless a thriving Linux gaming market pops up, tech. such as this will receive little support/interest.
    That's the point.

Leave a comment:

• Melcar
    replied

Leave a comment:

• blackshard
    replied
    To play world of goo?

Leave a comment:

• deanjo
    replied
    Originally posted by blackshard View Post
    Multigpu on linux to do what?
    For the same reasons that you would have multi gpu on any other OS.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X