Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X@FOSDEM 2010 Is Now A Half-Day Event

Phoronix: X@FOSDEM 2010 Is Now A Half-Day Event

Well, it was bad enough when X@FOSDEM became a one day event (where for the past several years it has been a highly-populated two-day conference) at the upcoming Free Open Source Developers' European Meeting (FOSDEM) taking place in Brussels next weekend, but now it's not even a one day event. X@FOSDEM has just been sliced down to now just be a half-day conference.....

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I think the reality isn't that dire as the picture painted here.
    These days there's more development in X going on then "ever" hence fosdem doesn't nearly mean life or death of anything. Get over it, it's somewhat similar to newspapers, they're supposed to fade away since much has been replaced digitally by technology (online video and other stuff).

Comment

PS: meetings are so 20th century..

Comment

Hey,

I would like to point out that I'm not a student any more, and haven't been one for 3 years. Please correct this. I don't want to read in a year or two that I can't make it to FOSDEM because I'm busy at kindergarten

Comment

Originally posted by marcheu View Post
          Hey,

I would like to point out that I'm not a student any more, and haven't been one for 3 years. Please correct this. I don't want to read in a year or two that I can't make it to FOSDEM because I'm busy at kindergarten
          Updated, sorry. Luc mentioned you were over in California studying.
          Michael Larabel
          https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

5 hours isn't bad though? I mean, it means people get to see other talks also! Spread the love so to speak!

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
              Updated, sorry. Luc mentioned you were over in California studying.
              Thanks Michael. Yeah I'm there but working.

Comment

Originally posted by marcheu View Post
                Thanks Michael. Yeah I'm there but working.
                Ah congrats. What place are you working at?
                Michael Larabel
                https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Working...
                X