A Video To Show Off X.Org's Multi-Touch Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Apopas View Post
    Whenever you use ndiswrapper your system crashes?
    For all those people who find it more convenient to bother you with their question rather than to Google it for themselves.

Comment

Right! Now I have to search for a variety of problems in a variety of distros.
      Again, does this netbook crash in every distro whenever ndiswrapper is in use?

Comment

Right! Now I have to search for a variety of problems in a variety of distros.
        What freaking distro do you want to use in the first place?

What do you expect me to do? Ask it for you on 400 different mailing lists?

It... Just... Doesn't... Work...

If you want to waste your time with proprietary Windows 7 drivers under ndiswrapper and a tablet that doesn't flip the screen while being turned and a shitload of other problems... be my guest.

If you have at least half a brain and want a Linux netbook than you would either wait for it to become fully supported or you buy an other netbook...

Comment

I didn't say even think half of the things you suppose I did. Not mialing lists, not incompatible with Linux netbokks no...
          Ofcourse ndiswrapper is rather away from my first choice, but you said it crashes your entire system. Obviously this is not the rule for every distro, I have installed Linux in dozens of netbboks and I mean it. Some of them needed ndiswrapper, which fortunately worked fine.

Comment

I didn't say even think half of the things you suppose I did. Not mialing lists, not incompatible with Linux netbokks no...
            Yes you did:
            There are over 400 distro's... 400 mailing lists. What other other wat to figure that out?

Ofcourse ndiswrapper is rather away from my first choice, but you said it crashes your entire system.
            Ubuntu forums, EeePC forums and Linuxquestions confirm the crashes.

Obviously this is not the rule for every distro, I have installed Linux in dozens of netbboks and I mean it. Some of them needed ndiswrapper, which fortunately worked fine.
            Whatever man... If you want to buy a netbook that isn't fully supported... at all... and want to ignore the warnings from various Linux forums, knock yourself out...

Comment

Originally posted by V!NCENT View Post
              Let's see... There is no open source driver to begin with and the proprietary WiFi driver crashes the entire system...

Still interested? And let's not even talk about the 3G driver... Yes that's right... your netbook will be as portable as the radius of the nearest ethernet cable...

Have a nice T91 experience
              Open source, built into the kernel, ATH9k!!!
              To rephrase that... wifi works out of the box!!!

3g? There is NO 3G HARDWARE! So how could 3G possibly work?

Comment

To make this perfectly clear;

The ONLY hardware that is incompletely supported is the video chip, since it is poulsbo. But VESA works just fine. The screen resolution is low, so it doesn't take much.

The wireless stuff works perfectly with no weird ndiswrapper. Out of the box!!

There are NO WEIRD FREEZUPS like some here have suggested.

Talk about compatibility research? How about empirical evidence? I *have* the hardware. Working. Near 100%.

The ONLY TWO THINGS that don't completely work are;
                1) video chip. I don't give a rat's ass about that since the resolution is low enough that it simply doesn't matter.
                2) touchscreen... but that is what this article was about... multitouch support on linux, including specifically T91MT.

Note for all those too stupid to read... T91 is != T91MT.

Comment

Originally posted by V!NCENT View Post
                  Yes you did:
                  V!NCENT: "There is no open source driver to begin with and the proprietary WiFi driver crashes the entire system..."
                  Apopas: "In what distro?"
                  V!NCENT: "In Linux? ndiswrapper is needed. Or at least it was half a year ago. Maybe you're lucky..."
                  Apopas: "Whenever you use ndiswrapper your system crashes?"

And then you gave me the link about the general distros and the general problems while I only made just questions for a very specific thing. But instead of clarifing this simple and specific thing I asked for, you begun to generalize it. I'm not a newbie to forums and I've seen this way of "conversations" a lot. So sorry, I don't want to waste my time with disagreements for the simplest facts.
                  Consider that this conversation is never made.

Comment

Originally posted by droidhacker View Post
                    The ONLY hardware that is incompletely supported is the video chip, since it is poulsbo. But VESA works just fine. The screen resolution is low, so it doesn't take much.
                    What about the TV tuner? The 180* rotation of the screen? The button on the screen? What about the SIM card slot?

The wireless stuff works perfectly with no weird ndiswrapper. Out of the box!!
                    Out of what box? Ubuntu? Ubuntu does ship with ndiswrapper drivers. But maybe there has been a new FLOSS driver recently?

Talk about compatibility research? How about empirical evidence? I *have* the hardware. Working. Near 100%.
                    So it isn't completely working...

Note for all those too stupid to read... T91 is != T91MT.
                    The only different is the multi-touch screen and the size of the SSD drive.

3g? There is NO 3G HARDWARE! So how could 3G possibly work?
                    Open up the buttom of the netbook. There is a SIM card slot.
                    Last edited by V!NCENT; 27 December 2009, 07:54 AM.

Comment

Google Chrome Is A Disgrace

Originally posted by Louise View Post
                      Use Google Chrome and install this Chrome extension

it makes all youtube videos to html5.
                      While I agree that youtube is pants, Google Chrome is even worse. I cannot believe a linux user is seriously advocating Chrome, containing as it does, a plethora of intrusive malware. But don't take my word for it, just hook up wireshark and see what data is being sent out from your computer without your knowledge or consent ...

Comment

Working...
                      X