Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by thefirstm View Post
    HTML5 video, please?
    Seriously, Phoronix you cover Linux and free software... So for fsck sake use HTML5 ogg video! Come on!

PS: To get ontopic again: 5 Pointers? Whoa that's sick!
    Last edited by V!NCENT; 19 December 2009, 01:44 PM.

Comment

It looks cool but who wants to get finger prints all over the screen?
      I try to avoid touching the screen at all costs.
      How about dual web cams tracking your hand movements? That would be great for a boxing game.

Comment

Originally posted by cliff View Post
        There are screens that do not 'smudge'.

Comment

Originally posted by cliff View Post
          I try to avoid touching the screen at all costs.
          How about dual web cams tracking your hand movements? That would be great for a boxing game.
          I second that

Comment

Pfff... Vista2 do this better...
            Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by Apopas View Post
              Pfff... Vista2 do this better...
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BlSh84IGSBs
              Lol, glad to see open source powning. Even if Vista2 was better though, open source would still be winning, just by being open source and actually accessible.

Linux multitouch should please any multitouch screen hardware companies a lot, too.

Comment

Originally posted by Yfrwlf View Post
                Even if Vista2 was better though, open source would still be winning, just by being open source and actually accessible.
                Yup, proprietary software can never become better because they will never have this extraordinary feature

Comment

Love how they show off xorg's famous high performance window resizing. "Look, we have shiny multitouch! but windows resize at 2 fps." They really need to fix that crap and/or get their priorities straight.
                  Last edited by Smorg; 20 December 2009, 03:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Smorg View Post
                    Love how they show off xorg's famous high performance window resizing. They really need to fix that crap.
                    Yes, that is a proble. But why does is happen?

Comment

I'm also seconding HTML5 video and free video formats. Thanks for pointing that, guys.

Back to the topic, I'm looking at multi-pointer with curiosity. In many movies now we're seeing what I think is MS Surface -- large touch screens where characters show/drag pictures, files, records, aso. A feature that is also shown is some "inertia" effect, e.g. drag/rotate a picture (or an object) on the screen and release the screen while moving; the object continues to move with its inertia.

Can that be done with Compiz? Till now when I've used Compiz, dragging stops as soon as the mouse button (finger press) is released. Or have I just missed something?

Comment

Working...
                      X