Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AMD's Advanced Media Framework Promotes RADV Support

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Artim View Post

    How to say you are a blinded fanboy without saying you are a blinded fanboy...
    And THAT is proof of YOUR fanboyism.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by duby229 View Post

      Dude, you're acting stupid. The current state is the only state possible. Vulkan won't be power efficient because it it uses GPU shaders to convert formats. That isn't going to change. That's exactly what Alex said in his earlier post and I even quoted it and reposted it for you. You have your own eyes and you can read for yourself. Your comprehension problems are your own.
      I'm stupid because I acknowledge that change is always possible? Wow, you are really crazy.

      And no, at no point Alex ever claimed this will never change. And he did point out that the most efficient method will be color conversion by the compositor, which renders your point completely irrelevant. So learn some basic logic. Deducing from the current state that the future can never be different is just the definition of insanity.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by duby229 View Post

        And THAT is proof of YOUR fanboyism.
        Believe whatever you want. Everyone with more than half a brain cell can see on their own that you two are just utter morons that have no clue about what they are talking about.

        I'm out, you idiots are just too dumb for me to waste my time with.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Artim View Post

          I'm stupid because I acknowledge that change is always possible? Wow, you are really crazy.

          And no, at no point Alex ever claimed this will never change. And he did point out that the most efficient method will be color conversion by the compositor, which renders your point completely irrelevant. So learn some basic logic. Deducing from the current state that the future can never be different is just the definition of insanity.
          Do you even know what done by the compositor even means? I don't think you do. And Yes that is +EXACTLY- what Alex was trying to to point out to you. You failed to comprehend him worse than you failed to comprehend me. I even reposted his words and tried explaining it in layman's terms for you. Yes your failure to comprehend is why I said you're acting stupid.

          There is a Vulkan extension which I posted a link to earlier in this thread which does the conversion. That extension is the one that will be used to perform the conversion. It doesn't matter if a library issues it or if a compositor issues it it's still gonna be done by GPU shaders on the fucking video card!

          EDIT: The only way to fix that problem is to redesign the Vulkan extensions to exactly match the capability of the available fixed function hardware. But that has a major flaw that it locks hardware designers into a single design which they can't change! So that isn't going to happen ever!
          Last edited by duby229; 01 July 2024, 09:28 AM.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Artim View Post
            There's a huge difference between can explain and bother too. You are not worth my time. Just re-read to what I commented, maybe some day you'll learn what's so stupid about it. Or die trying.
            allright i am not worth your time but you have the time to insult me... well well well.
            Phantom circuit Sequence Reducer Dyslexia

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Artim View Post
              You are a joke and obviously don't know what you are talking about. Just leave before you embarrass yourself even more, fanboy.
              just show me one single device who wins the performance per dollar race with paying the VRAM TAX...
              does the playstation 5 play the vram tax? no... of course not.. does the Steam Deck pay the VRAM Tax? no of course not.
              even if you go with notebooks/laptop why exactly does [email protected] only buy SOC/APU notebooks without dGPU ? yes exactly because it does not pay the VRAM TAX...
              if you buy Apple M1/M2/M3/M4 no device pay the VRAM TAX...

              Phantom circuit Sequence Reducer Dyslexia

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Artim View Post
                How to say you are a blinded fanboy without saying you are a blinded fanboy...
                why exactly is he a fanboy only because Nvidia has no X86_64 CPU and Intel as inferior CPU than AMD and also the software support of intel GPUs are not ready and also intel GPUs can not compete in performance a ARK 770 is only 25% faster than a Vega64 from 2017... means intel is 6 years behind in performance.
                Phantom circuit Sequence Reducer Dyslexia

                Comment


                • Originally posted by duby229 View Post
                  Do you even know what done by the compositor even means? I don't think you do. And Yes that is +EXACTLY- what Alex was trying to to point out to you. You failed to comprehend him worse than you failed to comprehend me. I even reposted his words and tried explaining it in layman's terms for you. Yes your failure to comprehend is why I said you're acting stupid.
                  There is a Vulkan extension which I posted a link to earlier in this thread which does the conversion. That extension is the one that will be used to perform the conversion. It doesn't matter if a library issues it or if a compositor issues it it's still gonna be done by GPU shaders on the fucking video card!
                  EDIT: The only way to fix that problem is to redesign the Vulkan extensions to exactly match the capability of the available fixed function hardware. But that has a major flaw that it locks hardware designers into a single design which they can't change! So that isn't going to happen ever!
                  if all hardware manufacturers would agree to one single hardware design to do the task then it can happen
                  but to make all companies to agree to this is well impossible because Nvidia has no interest in it because the properitary nvidia standard is already established and why should nvidia give this up in favor of a vulkan design ?...
                  this is not even news... 20-30 years ago nvidia/microsoft also did sapotage the OpenGL standard and not nvidia sapotage the vulkan standard this kind of sapotage is normal.

                  just keep in mind apple had the same problems with this hostil nvidia company and how did apple fix this with the metal API ?? yes well they just drop any nvidia hardware support and now produce their own arm cpu and their own gpus..

                  and i think this is the only way to deal with hostil companies like nvidia...

                  a Nvidia RTX 4090 costs you 1900€(today price)... well nvidia i better put in a 3450€ AMD PRO w7900 than EVER again buy any Nvidia hardware.

                  thats the only language nvidia unterstands... they sapotage any open standard because they always want their closed properitary standard like CUDA...

                  nvidia will only give in if people stop buy Nvidia hardware.
                  Phantom circuit Sequence Reducer Dyslexia

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X