Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

X.Org Testing Ground Toolkit: Making It Less Difficult To Compile The X Server In 2024

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X.Org Testing Ground Toolkit: Making It Less Difficult To Compile The X Server In 2024

Phoronix: X.Org Testing Ground Toolkit: Making It Less Difficult To Compile The X Server In 2024

While the upstream X.Org Server development remains slow with most of the large vendors treating it in maintenance mode and not investing in new features, open-source developer Enrico Weigelt has been one of the few still working to improve the X.Org Server. As part of his work besides pushing new patches and testing of the latest X.Org Server Git state, today he announced the release of the X.Org Testing Ground Toolkit v0.0.1 as a means to help in facilitate testing of the latest X.Org Server Git by making it easier to build it...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Wooohhhhoooo the zombie lives forever!

To be honest though I have yet to be able to get wayland to work with any measure of stability and keep having to go back to Xorg to be a functionally productive member of society.

Comment

Funny to see how competition can stir up things

Comment

Originally posted by zexelon View Post
        keep having to go back to Xorg to be a functionally productive member of society.
        Same here. I have various compositors I'm interested in installed in parallel and occasionally see if things improve. But so far it would still cause more issues than anything for everyday use.

So I'm glad someone is still patching up the xorg stuff.

Comment

Maybe in 2050 they will make it even better.

Comment

So, is a schroot a schooled root environment or what?

Comment

I don't particularly have issues building Xorg itself. It's just the fucking Mesa dependency that's a true nightmare, when it's not even needed aside from some libs built early on (so even when it fails you can manually "install" them and continue without Mesa). I don't even fucking use Mesa with its Rust shit since I have Nvidia.

Anyway I'm patching my Xorg all the time with security fixes, but I use the same Mesa libs I built so I don't have to go through that nightmare again.

Comment

Isn't he the same developer that Linus told him to "shut up" on kernel mailing list after he said that COVID-19 vaccines are "big plan for creating new human race" or something like that?

Comment

Originally posted by User29 View Post
                  Funny to see how competition can stir up things
                  But you seem to be a fan of systemd. . . .

Comment

Originally posted by dragon321 View Post
                    Isn't he the same developer that Linus told him to "shut up" on kernel mailing list after he said that COVID-19 vaccines are "big plan for creating new human race" or something like that?
                    Maybe they cling to xorg for similar conspiracy theory reasons.

Comment

Working...
                    X