Rust Bindings Posted For KMS Drivers, VKMS Ported To Rust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by byteabit View Post

I don't know why you find it cringe, but hey, we are all different. Rust has its own problems with the language or eco system, such topics as Async and GUI. But the worst part of Rust is the Rust Foundation. I'm glad Rust language exists and it is probably my favorite language. I wouldn't mind a Rust like language, but with Garbage Collection instead and an integrated Async runtime that is as easy to use as in Go. That would be probably my goto language for almost anything.
    This sounds like you might enjoy F#. Rust's syntax is inspired by ML, and F# is an ML dialect, so the syntax is very similar. F# runs on .Net, so it has GC and a built-in async runtime.

Comment

Originally posted by Sethox View Post
      The only thing I find cringe about Rust is that the book I am reading to learn Rust calls Rust developers "Rustaceans". In any case, the Rust language seem to go to places (good to learn) and another tool in the toolbox to solve problems...
      That's just a current year problem, there's plenty of cringe borne merely from getting old and the newer generation doing different shit. For example use of the word cringe instead of cringey, that took me a while to acclimatise to. And yeah all the excessive emoji nonsense, or is that emoticon, I mean that's all built into UTF-8 now and even colour toned because little icons need to include race because reasons. These are the true emoji's mother fuckers use them
      Code:
      :) :( :D :P
      Old man yells at cloud. Feels kinda nice.

Comment

I don't know why you find it cringe, but hey, we are all different. Rust has its own problems with the language or eco system, such topics as Async and GUI. But the worst part of Rust is the Rust Foundation. I'm glad Rust language exists and it is probably my favorite language. I wouldn't mind a Rust like language, but with Garbage Collection instead and an integrated Async runtime that is as easy to use as in Go. That would be probably my goto language for almost anything.
        It will sound like I'm joking, but the language you want is Swift.

Unfortunately it is hopelessly bound to an inferior platform (for now). But the language design I believe has everything you want (if I understood correctly).

Comment

With the way this thread is going I think I need to be prepared.

Code:
          [dependencies]
          eleven_foot_pole = "1.0.0"​
          🚀🚀🚀⭐⭐⭐🦀🦀🦀

Comment

Originally posted by geerge View Post

That's just a current year problem, there's plenty of cringe borne merely from getting old and the newer generation doing different shit. For example use of the word cringe instead of cringey, that took me a while to acclimatise to. And yeah all the excessive emoji nonsense, or is that emoticon, I mean that's all built into UTF-8 now and even colour toned because little icons need to include race because reasons. These are the true emoji's mother fuckers use them
            Code:
            :) :( :D :P
            Old man yells at cloud. Feels kinda nice.
            I still forget WTF "based" means. My initial reaction is that it means someone isn't based in reality when it means the damn opposite.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackdoc View Post

brooooooooooooooo don't get me started on the rust repos, Blazing fast :rocket: :crab: :crab: :rocket: :crab: :star: :star: Super safe :crab: :crab: :star: :star: etc. I have no idea why on earth it happened but rust has one of the cringiest development communities i've ever seen. And i've seen react devs xD
              Oh man, you weren't there when Swift was introduced. All Apple developers just flooded their twitterfacebooks with code examples especially mentioning YOU CAN NAME YOUR VARIABLES WITH EMOJIS NOW.

Comment

Originally posted by V1tol View Post

Oh man, you weren't there when Swift was introduced. All Apple developers just flooded their twitterfacebooks with code examples especially mentioning YOU CAN NAME YOUR VARIABLES WITH EMOJIS NOW.
                I had actually blocked that out, and would have liked it to remained that way lol. I believe this was actually a selling point of vscode at one point too

Comment

I don't use Rust to write operating systems. And whats worse for someone, might be better for someone else on certain use cases. That's why we have different languages. That's why I wish there was a language that is Rust, with the proposed changes. I'm not suggesting to change Rust itself. You don't like my idea? Then don't use it. At the moment there is no language that fills the gap I wish would. Go is not even a consideration, it's the pole opposite.
                  Garbage collectors are problematic regardless of whether you're writing an operating system or not. That just so happened to be his example.

The Rust language is designed around memory safety without garbage collection. It's not like someone just removed garbage collection from a language and inserted a borrow checker in its place; the language had to be designed around the borrow checker. If you add garbage collection then a large amount of the language no longer makes sense. It's like saying I want to drive a Boeing 737 to work every day but I can't afford jet fuel so maybe someone can fit an engine from a Ford Focus in it. It would be a silly proposal and it would be silly to justify it by saying "well they make different vehicles for different purposes!".

What do you actually want from Rust? Like pabloski said... you just want to copy the syntax?

Comment

What?! They think that's an advantage?! This remind me of

Comment

Doesn't javascript also let you do that?

I think technically Python can handle that in the hashmap variables are stored in but it's not allowed syntax

Comment

Working...
                      X