Red Hat Continues Hiring For Experienced Linux Graphics Driver Engineers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

support in cases like NVIDIA hardware with Nouveau,
    What a fucking waste of resources and shame on whoever wrote that part.

seriously, stop kissing Dear Leader Jensen ass so hard. If he wanted proper foss support, it would had happened already .

Comment

Originally posted by NeoMorpheus View Post

seriously, stop kissing Dear Leader Jensen ass so hard. If he wanted proper foss support, it would had happened already .
      I agree!

IBMHat should treat FOSS respectfully instead, their polemic in RHEL and Fedora is pathetic. Then they should stop kissing Dear Leader Jensen ass so hard, it's possible. They just need better determination, stop monopolizing FOSS with crap (such as GNOME), agreements with true FOSS companies (Microsoft?) and better community engagement.

They're going to get a nice, gushing brown gift in their mouths as a thank you​ if they continue this way.

They have been assimilated by IBM, they are hopeless now.

Comment

This is a stupid view in my opinion, because it's important for Nouveau to work and function because most gamers are on NVIDIA hardware. If you ever want Linux to have a chance of being not niche in the general computing world (consumer sided), NVIDIA needs to work.

Comment

Originally posted by vextium View Post
          This is a stupid view in my opinion, because it's important for Nouveau to work and function because most gamers are on NVIDIA hardware. If you ever want Linux to have a chance of being not niche in the general computing world (consumer sided), NVIDIA needs to work.
          You call my post stupid yet you proceeded with that load of crap?

Ngreedia doesnt give a rat's ass about FOSS or even their own customers and somehow its Linux fault and they need to fix it?

Give me a break...

Comment

You call my post stupid yet you proceeded with that load of crap?

Ngreedia doesnt give a rat's ass about FOSS or even their own customers and somehow its Linux fault and they need to fix it?

Give me a break...
            Clearly, but it doesn't matter, my friend won't switch to Linux if NVIDIA isn't supported. This is a show blocker for many people wanting to switch from Windows to Linux, and they're not going to spend $200+ just to buy a new AMD GPU just to switch to Linux.

Comment

Originally posted by vextium View Post

Clearly, but it doesn't matter, my friend won't switch to Linux if NVIDIA isn't supported. This is a show blocker for many people wanting to switch from Windows to Linux, and they're not going to spend $200+ just to buy a new AMD GPU just to switch to Linux.
              Why don't the same people just keep nagging Nvidia for proper FOSS support instead? If important customers would demand such openness, that might convince Nvidia eventually? I assume they want to win some super computer deals in the future - I think one of the reasons they were not selected in the last round was the lack of an open source software stack.

Comment

Working...
              X