Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X Input 2.0 Merged Into The X Server

Phoronix: X Input 2.0 Merged Into The X Server

Just as planned, the X Input 2 protocol for X.Org has entered the master X Server code-base. X Input 2 (or Xi2 for short) is a significant update over the original X Input extension and allows for Multi-Pointer X support and other enhanced input features...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Great news, thanks developers!

Comment

yay! mpx!
      linux is now ready for all that multitouch stuff that everybody seems to care about so much
      but it would be interesting to see 2 people infront of one screen working with 2 different applications ^^

Comment

I always wondered: Are all those shiny Multitouch-Touchpads notebooks and netbooks now have so often actually multipointer-devices? If so I think these + multipointer X might lead to some great things in the future. But I guess they're not real multipointer-devices but instead do their magic purely in hardware.

Comment

My eee can detect three fingers on the keypad, but I doubt it does multitouch. Besides if it did, there'd probably be something in the driver to configure it already.

Comment

Originally posted by Pfanne View Post
            yay! mpx!
            linux is now ready for all that multitouch stuff that everybody seems to care about so much
            but it would be interesting to see 2 people infront of one screen working with 2 different applications ^^
            Afair there was a video showing a first demo of MPX some time ago, showing maybe 10 people on a desk, one monitor and 10 (or 20?) mouses and same number of cursors and everyone shuffling his mouse/s around.
            Though it should be not quite easy to have two applications take instructions from two users, could be a focus problem first and in case a problem with diverging instructions at the same time. Well, but maybe there are CAD programs using a mouse and some fancy cyber-whatever so you can use both hands at the same time to srew around on the screen.
            Stop TCPA, stupid software patents and corrupt politicians!

Comment

Now there's an idea... accurate dual-wielding in FPS games?

Better still, Windows can't do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ant P. View Post

playing railshooter with your friends on one computer

Comment

Originally posted by Ant P. View Post

I remember playing The Settlers 2 with a friend on one pc with two mice in splitscreen... and that was like twelve years ago or something.
                  Ok, that's not a FPS, and I'm not even sure if it was Windows or Dos, but still: At least at some point in time on some sort of M$ OS in at least one game multipointer worked.

Comment

How about controlling a multiplayer game with Wiimotes?

Comment

Working...
                    X