X Input 2.0 Merged Into The X Server

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pfanne View Post
    but it would be interesting to see 2 people infront of one screen working with 2 different applications ^^
    I think that's completely the point of all this...Linux has had multiple controller inputs for forever, you can hook up as many keyboards and mice and joypads as you want to and fight for control. MPX AFAIUI simply allows you to each "own" your own pointer if you want and "control" your own programs and such.

Window Battles anyone? :P "Stop putting your Mahjongg on top of my Neverball!"

Comment

Originally posted by Yfrwlf View Post
      I think that's completely the point of all this...Linux has had multiple controller inputs for forever, you can hook up as many keyboards and mice and joypads as you want to and fight for control. MPX AFAIUI simply allows you to each "own" your own pointer if you want and "control" your own programs and such.

Window Battles anyone? :P "Stop putting your Mahjongg on top of my Neverball!"
      There is also things like graphic tablets. You may wish to have different rules applied to the tablet than to a mouse, though both are technically pointing devices.

Does anybody have information on how the multiple devices will be handled for tablets with mpx? Will a tablet essentially expose several pointers (pen, eraser, etc)?

Comment

Working...
      X