Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ehansin
    replied
    What about xclock? Never mind, looks like we got us some xclock love about eight months ago...

When I first installed Linux on some pieced together hardware about 20+ years ago (where did the time go?), I used to to love launching up xclock. I liked the colors and for some reason just really like it Looks like we even got things covered if our Wayland overlords get their way in the end...

Long live xclock I say!

Leave a comment:

• IActuallyKnowItAll
    replied
    Another Phoronix thread, in which old men are shaking fist to sky because someone is trying to replace their beloved ancient software with something that meets today's needs.

Leave a comment:

• zexelon
    replied
    Originally posted by Shiba View Post
    The last time Xorg crashed on me, it was 2009. The last time a Wayland compositor crashed with the whole session, last week. Oh no, please save me from Xorg... 🙄
    The last time I got Wayland working in any reasonable way was... never. The last time I got Xorg working just fine for all use cases out of the box was... right now!

Leave a comment:

• Shiba
    replied
    The last time Xorg crashed on me, it was 2009. The last time a Wayland compositor crashed with the whole session, last week. Oh no, please save me from Xorg... 🙄

Leave a comment:

• unixfan2001
    replied
    Originally posted by Hibbelharry View Post
    Poor Solaris and BSD guys having to keep a dead horse walking...
    At least FreeBSD is slowly making progress on porting Wayland.
    RavynOS is already bundling a custom Wayland Compositor (Zoe, the creator, calls it a Window Server alas).

What is missing are drivers for common VMs.

Leave a comment:

• lumks
    replied
    Originally posted by birdie View Post

It's far from dead and it's walking fine, actually.

The other horse touted as a second coming of Christ is galloping great only it cannot traverse certain places which are not problem for the old horse .
    There is not other horse. All the others walk by themself. The change is that they have a nice walkway. And yes, while it doesn't lead everywhere it's still a very nice, clean and modern walkway.

Leave a comment:

• birdie
    replied
    Originally posted by Hibbelharry View Post
    It's far from dead and it's walking fine, actually.

The other horse touted as a second coming of Christ is galloping great only it cannot traverse certain places which are not problem for the old horse .

Leave a comment:

• Hibbelharry
    replied

Leave a comment:

• phoronix
    started a topic Twenty Old X.Org Components See New Updates

Twenty Old X.Org Components See New Updates

Phoronix: Twenty Old X.Org Components See New Updates

While X.Org Katamari releases are no longer being organized to bundle up all of the different X11 software components behind one version number and some X.Org software pieces are seeing very seldom updates every number of years, this past week has seen twenty new X.Org software releases...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X