X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• karolherbst
    replied
    Originally posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    I've had my issues with tech reviewers for a while, especially recently with Jayztwocents and LinusTechTips telling people to go buy a GPU or they're idiots. The majority of actually tech reviewers don't bat an eye at Apple, and the ones that do will skew the benchmarks heavily in Apple's favor. The reality is that AMD's Rembrandt has nearly matched Apple in battery life while beating it in performance. I can't make this up, the numbers are real. The problem is there's too many tech reviewers who have no business running benchmarks, while many people like yourself who claim Apple made the best, while referencing 2020 benchmarks. Apple had a small window to gain as much market share as they could until AMD and Intel both improved their power consumption, and AMD is already there even at 6nm.

read and understand what I've written. Heck.. even your review video agrees with me here....
    Last edited by karolherbst; 26 September 2022, 11:01 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Dukenukemx
    replied
    Originally posted by karolherbst View Post

superior doesn't only mean "I get high perf if I only produce enough heat". In the end it matters what users think of it. And from a general user perspective that hardware is simply superior for the things which matter for a laptop. You get even good enough performance working on battery a full day and still keep half the battery. On any standard Linux/Windows laptop you run out of battery after a few hours.

If you want to compare a laptop against desktop use cases, please free to do so, but then be honest about it and say that those laptops aren't high performance desktops. All those high performance Windows "laptops" are just portable desktops as they don't even deserve to be called laptops...

I honestly don't see why one can't just acknowledge that Apple did produce the best overall laptops on the market right now. Heck I don't even use Apple hardware for various reasons, but if I see good hardware I can also say so.
    I've had my issues with tech reviewers for a while, especially recently with Jayztwocents and LinusTechTips telling people to go buy a GPU or they're idiots. The majority of actually tech reviewers don't bat an eye at Apple, and the ones that do will skew the benchmarks heavily in Apple's favor. The reality is that AMD's Rembrandt has nearly matched Apple in battery life while beating it in performance. I can't make this up, the numbers are real. The problem is there's too many tech reviewers who have no business running benchmarks, while many people like yourself who claim Apple made the best, while referencing 2020 benchmarks. Apple had a small window to gain as much market share as they could until AMD and Intel both improved their power consumption, and AMD is already there even at 6nm.

Leave a comment:

• Dukenukemx
    replied
    Originally posted by tunnelblick View Post
    I always ask where the x86 laptop is that is even remotely in the same ballpark as an Apple silicon MBA that runs without any active cooling. I am still waiting for a serious answer.
    And yet the Air products thermal throttle. Turns out the M1 is even worse at it than the M2, it's just that nobody cared enough about Apple's products to fully look into it. It took 2 years for tech reviewers to even glance at Apple's silicon to see if the claims were true. They are not only incorrect but it's far worse than anyone could imagine. I wouldn't calls Mac OSX usable.

Leave a comment:

• karolherbst
    replied
    Originally posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    Apple hardware superior? I want what he's smoking.
    superior doesn't only mean "I get high perf if I only produce enough heat". In the end it matters what users think of it. And from a general user perspective that hardware is simply superior for the things which matter for a laptop. You get even good enough performance working on battery a full day and still keep half the battery. On any standard Linux/Windows laptop you run out of battery after a few hours.

If you want to compare a laptop against desktop use cases, please free to do so, but then be honest about it and say that those laptops aren't high performance desktops. All those high performance Windows "laptops" are just portable desktops as they don't even deserve to be called laptops...

I honestly don't see why one can't just acknowledge that Apple did produce the best overall laptops on the market right now. Heck I don't even use Apple hardware for various reasons, but if I see good hardware I can also say so.

Leave a comment:

• Dukenukemx
    replied
    you can shit talk all you want, but if people don't realize superior hardware even right in front of them, there is no point in discussing it any further.
    Apple hardware superior? I want what he's smoking.
    I've used all three mayor OS and multiple Linux desktops in my life and I can say that MacOS isn't a crapOS, it's different in a few ways, some good and some bad. But you clearly never used it.
    Lower your standards and nothing is crap. Apple recently removed 32-bit support and still can't get vulkan working, but other than that it's a totally usable OS within it's limitations.

Leave a comment:

• Dukenukemx
    replied
    Originally posted by akira128 View Post
    Soooo
    Step 1: Hold out your hand and politely ask Apple to develop Linux drivers.
    Not exactly. Nvidia did open source their drivers after many years of complaining, and even Linus Torvalds giving them the finger.
    Step 2: Don't do a damn thing until Apple complies with step 1
    Don't buy Apple products until they do. You do know how capitalism works?

Leave a comment:

• mdedetrich
    replied

I always ask where the x86 laptop is that is even remotely in the same ballpark as an Apple silicon MBA that runs without any active cooling. I am still waiting for a serious answer.
    It lies in the hearts of Linux zeolots that can't get over the fact that Apple is producing better hardware.

Leave a comment:

• tunnelblick
    replied

yeah well.. others detect if people talk nonsense and ignore them. But most of the discussion here is totally misinformed and driven by "believes". I can only advise to most of the people here to just use that high end macbook pro for a day unplugged. And then we can talk.

This laptop outperforms all others unplugged. And if your only excuse is "yeah well.. just do stuff on your desk with AC plugged in" you are missing the point of laptops.

Leave a comment:

• karolherbst
    replied
    Incredible how one guy with uninformed and made up things was able to, again, derail the whole thread. I wish there was a block function on this forum.
    yeah well.. others detect if people talk nonsense and ignore them. But most of the discussion here is totally misinformed and driven by "believes". I can only advise to most of the people here to just use that high end macbook pro for a day unplugged. And then we can talk.

This laptop outperforms all others unplugged. And if your only excuse is "yeah well.. just do stuff on your desk with AC plugged in" you are missing the point of laptops.

Leave a comment:

• karolherbst
    replied
    Originally posted by Volta View Post

For the crapOS - being an only usable option currently, they're far too expensive.
    you can shit talk all you want, but if people don't realize superior hardware even right in front of them, there is no point in discussing it any further. I've used all three mayor OS and multiple Linux desktops in my life and I can say that MacOS isn't a crapOS, it's different in a few ways, some good and some bad. But you clearly never used it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X