Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Many Old X.Org Components Saw New Releases This Weekend

Phoronix: Many Old X.Org Components Saw New Releases This Weekend

While no new X.Org "katamari" releases are planned for a collection of all the X.Org component updates combined, this weekend longtime X.Org contributor Alan Coopersmith of Oracle issued many new updates to various old, seldom-maintained X.Org projects...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

xf86-video-keyboard should be xf86-input-keyboard

Comment

Solaris/BSD users might be a bit more excited about these X.Org package updates but overall there isn't much to get excited over besides some rare love to these once important pieces to the open-source desktop puzzle.
      Yup. X.Org just keeps getting better and better. I think it is about time we suggest them to drop Linux (and other non UNIX-like) support too

Comment

Originally posted by kpedersen View Post

Yup. X.Org just keeps getting better and better. I think it is about time we suggest them to drop Linux (and other non UNIX-like) support too
        Thanks, dear BSD troll.

Comment

Originally posted by dylanmtaylor View Post
          xf86-video-keyboard should be xf86-input-keyboard
          In today ARGB (and OLED keycaps) times it wouldn't surprise me if they would release xf86-video-keyboard (or even xf86-video-computer_case) one day ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by timofonic View Post

Thanks, dear BSD troll.
            Hehe.

Why BSD? What gave it away that I am not a Solaris troll? I could be both!

But I suppose Michael kind of started it by calling them once important pieces even though the vast majority of *nix users still need them now, just as much as 10 years ago
            Last edited by kpedersen; 11 July 2022, 09:43 AM.

Comment

but overall there isn't much to get excited over besides some rare love to these once important pieces to the open-source desktop puzzle.
              To me there's always cause for celebration when some rare love comes to stuff few people use. Even and especially if it's something on it's way to legacy. — Sigh, I already feel nostalgic...

Comment

X marks the spot!

Comment

Originally posted by kpedersen View Post

Why BSD? What gave it away that I am not a Solaris troll? I could be both!

But I suppose Michael kind of started it by calling them once important pieces even though the vast majority of *nix users still need them now, just as much as 10 years ago
                  Solaris troll would be too busy bailing water out of sinking ship of an OS to bother commenting on phoronix. I mean seriously you are either busy putting solaris to work, or using it as a hobby os, there isn't much in beteen for it to see serious use outside of that.

Comment

Originally posted by Sin2x View Post
                    X marks the spot!
                    Yeah, its a real treasure.

X needs some love and attention after all those years of hate and trashing from the wayland fanboys. Time for a rewrite in rust ...

Comment

Working...
                    X