Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OpenChrome DRM Driver For Open-Source VIA Continues To See Some Activity In 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sinepgib
    replied
    I remember having a VIA GPU and interacting with James Simmons via (no pun intended) the mailing list in his efforts to implement KMS. Despite being few, they were a very active and friendly community. I no longer own that computer, but I wish them luck in their efforts. It may not be apt for modern uses but it's still useful for other tasks and I'd rather not see it turn into e-waste.

Leave a comment:

• Mike Frett
    replied
    All I remember about VIA is all the complaints about its crappy motherboard drivers. Remember how flaky those boards were?

Leave a comment:

• Quackdoc
    replied
    I think I still have a via board kicking around somewherem it was slow, even for when it was new.

Leave a comment:

• OpenChrome DRM Driver For Open-Source VIA Continues To See Some Activity In 2022

Phoronix: OpenChrome DRM Driver For Open-Source VIA Continues To See Some Activity In 2022

If you are still using a motherboard with a VIA x86 chipset, it's really long past due to consider upgrading to a newer platform, but if that is not feasible the UniChrome IGP graphics support continues to still be worked on occasionally for Linux in 2022. The OpenChrome driver project remains in a sad state and out-of-tree, but is continuing to see fixes and re-based against newer versions of the Linux kernel...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X