Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

X.Org Server Adds "AsyncFlipSecondaries" To Deal With Crappy Multi-Monitor Experience

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sinepgib View Post
    Some say every reality can be expressed by the digits of pi. It's clear it can also be expressed with the names of bands.
    And Jojo references

Comment

Originally posted by tomas View Post
      Exactly, that's what I thought. So basically whitecat is talking nonsense.
      Nobody cares if Wayland is technically able to do that or not.
      The fact is that the end-user cannot set it up with the GNOME or KDE screen manager because there is no such option...

Comment

Originally posted by whitecat View Post

Not on clone mode.
        Stupid and off-topic question, but I always wondered what's the use case for clone mode. It specifically annoys me not understanding it because it's the default pretty much everywhere (not just X or Wayland, but Mac and Windows) and I see no use for it.

Comment

Originally posted by mppix View Post
          Xorg fanboys: See we are not dead
          Most Linux users: someone still works on Xorg?
          Linux users always showing how ignorant they are.

Comment

Stupid and off-topic question, but I always wondered what's the use case for clone mode. It specifically annoys me not understanding it because it's the default pretty much everywhere (not just X or Wayland, but Mac and Windows) and I see no use for it.
            Simple really, it is used if you want to share you screen to larger display i.e. for presentation.

Comment

My desktop is in my livingroom, with a 144 Hz screen to play games, and my TV screen (60Hz) also to watch movie, music, etc.
              Not a common use case I admit.

Comment

Originally posted by blacknova View Post

Simple really, it is used if you want to share you screen to larger display i.e. for presentation.
                Originally posted by whitecat View Post
                My desktop is in my livingroom, with a 144 Hz screen to play games, and my TV screen (60Hz) also to watch movie, music, etc.
                Not a common use case I admit.
                OK, both of those make sense to me. I just don't make presentations, so I didn't think of it. I do watch movies on my TV screen, but always use a laptop in the same room so I just extend the display.
                I wasn't directing the question at the freq difference, that just happens IMO. I mean, it would happen to me with my laptop if I had an external display at 144Hz, even while extending the desktop, or because you saved up for that second 144Hz but first went with a cheaper 60Hz to have something working quickly, or your case with the TV.
                I wondered about the clone itself, not the mismatch.

Comment

Originally posted by stalkerg View Post
                  Wayland is still not ready if you need to type Japanese or use any other IM (it's working but too buggy and new extensions are still in the design phase)
                  Also, the Vilhelm game is very slow under XWayland.
                  I'm surprised every time someone say XWayland experience is worse than X11 session. Looks like there's something hardware specific to it. On AMD graphics I have matching performance and sometimes even better on Wayland for some reason + flexibility regarding screen resolution/scaling as a bonus.

Comment

Originally posted by Monsterovich View Post
                    Wayland fanboys: Noo! You can't add new features. Xorg is dead!
                    xorg lunatics live in alternative reality. of course you can add features. how many features did you add? i know you added zero because people who do add features know that all development had shifted to wayland long ago
                    Originally posted by Monsterovich View Post
                    Xorg: Ha-ha. tearing go brrrr.
                    ftfy
                    Last edited by pal666; 10 September 2021, 06:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by microcode View Post
                      I don't think it introduces tearing.
                      did you read the article past title?

Comment

Working...
                      X