Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

X.Org Server Adds "AsyncFlipSecondaries" To Deal With Crappy Multi-Monitor Experience

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    perpetually high

• perpetually high
    replied
    Originally posted by remenic View Post
    💪💪💪💪💪
    Mad respect to this dude!! Saw a huge problem and went and fixed it. This is what we need more of. Way more doing, way less complaining.

Linux is beautiful. And has the best leader we could've ever asked for. Yes, I am perpetually high on Linux. That was the play. You guys thought I was high on cannabis the whole time, which I was and still am right now. Cheers, everyone.

Leave a comment:

• Monsterovich

• Monsterovich
    replied
    Wayland fanboys: Noo! You can't add new features. Xorg is dead!
    Xorg: Ha-ha. Refresh rates go brrrr.

Leave a comment:

• tildearrow

• tildearrow
    replied
    AMD? How is this AMD news?

Prepare for anti-X clan...

Leave a comment:

• remenic
    Phoronix Member

• remenic
    replied
    💪💪💪💪💪

Leave a comment:

• phoronix
    Administrator

• X.Org Server Adds "AsyncFlipSecondaries" To Deal With Crappy Multi-Monitor Experience

Phoronix: X.Org Server Adds "AsyncFlipSecondaries" To Deal With Crappy Multi-Monitor Experience

At the moment when running the X.Org Server in a multi-monitor configuration with displays of different refresh rates, it can lead to a poor experience with a variety of visual deficiencies when running an unredirected full-screen window with page-flipping for DRI3/Present. There is now a change that was merged into the X.Org Server with a new "AsyncFlipSecondaries" to improve that experience when running multiple displays of varying refresh rates...

https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pa...lipSecondaries
Working...
X