X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• zexelon
    replied
    Originally posted by linner View Post
    I'd love to see Windows 3D acceleration working in qemu without needing PCI passthrough (which I have never been able to get to work correctly).
    I second that there is no other windows 3D accel working other than passthrough at this time. I have tinkered with a number of hacks, but they all had their failures! I am curious though, what sort of issues you are having getting passthrough to work? I have been doing it for the last 5 - 6 years on several different systems; 4th gen i5 with an early version of VT-d... this was a bit of a pain, but stable in the end, and now a threadripper system where it has been an absolute delight. These days I always have windows running on a VM with a second GPU and I just swap monitor inputs and use "barriers software KVM". Its freaky simple, stable and useful!

Leave a comment:

• Quackdoc
    replied
    Originally posted by linner View Post
    I'd love to see Windows 3D acceleration working in qemu without needing PCI passthrough (which I have never been able to get to work correctly).
    There is no working 3d accel in qemu except for hardware vgpu solutions

Leave a comment:

• linner
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Quackdoc
    replied
    Originally posted by artivision View Post
    Any Vulkan support for Windows Guests on Linux Hosts?
    No. Qemu doesn't even have support for it yet, so there is no real way to test it regardless so I doubt anyone is working on it at the moment. I think it is a safe assumption that someone may pickup the project in the future. but as of now, none that I am aware of. Viogpudo needs to get modified to work for vulkan passthrough (the virtio-gpu driver for windows), and then you need a userspace vulkan driver for venus.

Leave a comment:

• artivision
    replied
    Any Vulkan support for Windows Guests on Linux Hosts?

Leave a comment:

• schmidtbag
    replied
    Originally posted by Quackdoc View Post
    Zink is a gallium driver, it would be best to let the OS handle zink if needed but I suppose it could be baked into a program, but in the end, it would be optimal for it to be done at OS level. the only time I could really see this being useful is for example, android, that has no way to run opengl apps out of box.
    I agree; I don't think Zink should be baked into a program.

Leave a comment:

• Quackdoc
    replied
    Originally posted by uid313 View Post
    I was wondering if emulators could make use of Zink.
    Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
    A program as ubiquitous as Chrome could greatly benefit from having both OGL and Vulkan compatibility. Zink on a lot of GLES systems could give proper hardware acceleration to them, without Google having to go through a lot of heavy development.
    In general, I don't think Chrome really needs a Vulkan stack, though I wouldn't complain if it got one.
    Zink is a gallium driver, it would be best to let the OS handle zink if needed but I suppose it could be baked into a program, but in the end, it would be optimal for it to be done at OS level. the only time I could really see this being useful is for example, android, that has no way to run opengl apps out of box.

Leave a comment:

• schmidtbag
    replied
    Oooh lol. Yeah, I can definitely see the benefit in that.

Leave a comment:

• uid313
    replied
    Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
    Are you asking whether Google could integrate Zink or are you asking whether Zink would work with this? If the former, I'd agree with what Quackdoc said.

Leave a comment:

• schmidtbag
    replied
    Could it use Zink?
    Are you asking whether Google could integrate Zink or are you asking whether Zink would work with this? If the former, I'd agree with what Quackdoc said. Otherwise:
    Originally posted by Quackdoc View Post
    mmmmm. why? I mean, I guess it could, but why? currently Opengl is handled like this.
    A program as ubiquitous as Chrome could greatly benefit from having both OGL and Vulkan compatibility. Zink on a lot of GLES systems could give proper hardware acceleration to them, without Google having to go through a lot of heavy development.
    In general, I don't think Chrome really needs a Vulkan stack, though I wouldn't complain if it got one.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X