No announcement yet.

Google Working On Making VirtIO-GPU More Extensible

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd love to see Windows 3D acceleration working in qemu without needing PCI passthrough (which I have never been able to get to work correctly).

Comment

Originally posted by linner View Post
      I'd love to see Windows 3D acceleration working in qemu without needing PCI passthrough (which I have never been able to get to work correctly).
      There is no working 3d accel in qemu except for hardware vgpu solutions

Comment

Originally posted by linner View Post
        I second that there is no other windows 3D accel working other than passthrough at this time. I have tinkered with a number of hacks, but they all had their failures! I am curious though, what sort of issues you are having getting passthrough to work? I have been doing it for the last 5 - 6 years on several different systems; 4th gen i5 with an early version of VT-d... this was a bit of a pain, but stable in the end, and now a threadripper system where it has been an absolute delight. These days I always have windows running on a VM with a second GPU and I just swap monitor inputs and use "barriers software KVM". Its freaky simple, stable and useful!

Comment

Working...
        X