Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Many Interesting Talks On Deck For The X.Org Developers Conference 2021

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Many Interesting Talks On Deck For The X.Org Developers Conference 2021

    Phoronix: Many Interesting Talks On Deck For The X.Org Developers Conference 2021

    The program/schedule for this year's XDC21 X.Org Developers' Conference was posted this week ahead of the event occurring in mid-September. There are many interesting talks about X.Org and beyond, which in recent years largely revolve around Mesa and Wayland...

    https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pa...2021-Scheduler

  • #2
    All of those are some quite interesting topics.

    Comment


    • #3
      Why is there even a Xorg conference this year? I thought most Phoronixers claimed Xorg was dead?

      Comment


      • #4
        - The state of X.Org security.
        That should be a pretty short session.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Vistaus View Post
          Why is there even a Xorg conference this year? I thought most Phoronixers claimed Xorg was dead?
          For those that cannot be bothered to read the second sentence
          "There are many interesting talks about X.Org and beyond, which in recent years largely revolve around Mesa and Wayland."

          Comment


          • #6
            Looking forward to watch most of these talks.

            Just wanted to type this before this thread turns into political fight

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by bple2137 View Post
              Looking forward to watch most of these talks.

              Just wanted to type this before this thread turns into political fight
              Yea, me too, this conference always has interesting content, one of the better ones not many people know about (most regulars on this site do though).

              This is not slashdot though...political fights usually break out on SystemD and CoC related threads here...k, wayland vs xorg sometimes, but not as often :P
              Last edited by scratchi; 04 August 2021, 01:20 PM. Reason: typo

              Comment


              • #8
                Nice. And you thought X was dead.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by mppix View Post

                  For those that cannot be bothered to read the second sentence
                  "There are many interesting talks about X.Org and beyond, which in recent years largely revolve around Mesa and Wayland."
                  For those who don't understand jokes, even when a playful emoticon is used:

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by MadeUpName View Post

                    That should be a pretty short session.
                    - The state of X.Org security.

                    *crowd remains silent for a moment*

                    *somebody yells "WAYLAND" and the entire crowd leaves*

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X