X.Org's XEyes 1.2 Released, Other Updated X11 Components Too

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sdack View Post
    The background image says like "Save nature and the planet!" and the window system says "Fuck that! Lets produce more CO2 with useless effects."
    ...or they just thought it was a pretty picture and didn't read any deeper into it.

Comment

Originally posted by ssokolow View Post
      ...or they just thought it was a pretty picture and didn't read any deeper into it.
      Yeah, I would not accuse many here of being deep thinkers.

Comment

Originally posted by arokh View Post
        Wayland is useless garbage. I haven't actually used it, but I've read that people have issues with it. Feature X (which I don't use either) has worked in X.org for 20 years, but is missing from Wayland. I'm not going to write a protocol for it, because I don't need it + I don't know how to program. I don't care that the entire industry already moved on a long time ago and that X is completely and utterly dead either. Although I'm obviously completely incompetent and clueless, I strongly feel the need to bitch and complain about some of it's design decisions because my sound card doesn't work with PipeWire. Wayland really sucks because Linux is monolithic + Redhat is evil and systemd is bloated and binary only. I went off topic on purpose because I felt this discussion could not continue without my uneducated opinions. PS Gnome/KDE is trash, XFCE is the perfect desktop everybody on the planet should use because.

Pretty much sums up the average Phoronix user
        Microsoft has held the desktop for decades and not because for being the most secure desktop environment. It just did not stop people from using it. GNOME and KDE are certainly trash for the vast majority of all users - Linux and Windows users combined. These users have no need for the cancerous complexity of GNOME and KDE, mostly only the developers do.

Comment

Originally posted by sdack View Post
          Yeah, I would not accuse many here of being deep thinkers.
          Having a political message behind your desktop wallpaper does not make you a deep thinker.

Comment

Originally posted by Templar82 View Post
            Having a political message behind your desktop wallpaper does not make you a deep thinker.
            Wanting to preserve the environment is not a political message, but gets used and abused by politics. A wallpaper then does not make you into a deep thinker, but your thoughts do. Again, I would not accuse many here of being deep thinkers. Try to give your comments some more thought and be less of a contrarian.
            Last edited by sdack; 04 August 2021, 04:39 AM.

Comment

First Wayland killed X and now it's killing the planet. We need to ban all gaming PCs 🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸

Comment

Originally posted by AHOY View Post
                First Wayland killed X and now it's killing the planet. We need to ban all gaming PCs 🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸
                Linux is in effect a ban on PC gaming.

Comment

Working...
                X