No announcement yet.

X.Org Server Git Lands Support For Hardware-Accelerated XWayland With NVIDIA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X.Org Server Git Lands Support For Hardware-Accelerated XWayland With NVIDIA

Phoronix: X.Org Server Git Lands Support For Hardware-Accelerated XWayland With NVIDIA

The NVIDIA-led work to allow XWayland OpenGL and Vulkan acceleration with their proprietary driver has just been merged into X.Org Server Git...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of Xorg apologists suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced

Comment

Nvidia is so quick to support basic features. It didn't take them decades. /s

Everyone sensible ditched Nvidia already, because they don't want to wait another decade when something new will require support too.

Comment

NVIDIA seems to (finally) realize no one is doing their work for them when they give fuck all to the community.

Comment

Originally posted by angrypie View Post
          NVIDIA seems to (finally) realize no one is doing their work for them when they give fuck all to the community.
          I don't think that's the real reason. They probably plan to profit from this move with their cloud solutions.

Comment

Nice.
            So Nvidia stays an option in the future.

I need a new grfx card. Nvidia still gives the best performance but AMD is also interesting. But whom will be able to deliver a pice of hardware at a reasonable price?

I will not buy from scalpers.

Comment

Originally posted by obri View Post
              Nice.

I need a new grfx card. Nvidia still gives the best performance but AMD is also interesting. But whom will be able to deliver a pice of hardware at a reasonable price?

I will not buy from scalpers.
              Right now, buying a gpu is simply not an option unless you are rich.

Comment

Originally posted by obri View Post
                Nice.
                Have fun not being able to undervolt >300W GPUs.

Comment

In regards to the timing of when you can find this in a major distribution, we have been working closely with NVidia on this, so our aim is to have this support out in Fedora either day and date with the NVidia driver release or shortly afterwards.

Comment

They perhaps realized that XWayland was the single most important part of Wayland and needed to support it.

Imagine being a GPU manufacturer and not supporting a popular XServer!

Comment

Working...
                    X