Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux 5.13 To Support HDMI CEC With The Raspberry Pi 4

Phoronix: Linux 5.13 To Support HDMI CEC With The Raspberry Pi 4

While the 5.12 merge window hasn't even been closed for a full week yet, there is already the first DRM-Misc-Next pull request heading into DRM-Next with the first batch of feature material aiming for the Linux 5.13 kernel cycle...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

So....after all these years a Raspberry Pi 4 can finally be the equivalent of a Roku 4 streaming box. I broke open an old Roku 3 box of mine a few weeks back that had died. Funny enough, it's basically a Raspberry Pi 3 with a custom kernel and firmware. It was the same hardware inside as well as the same Broadcom SoC.

Comment

It was already working since a long long time, but just not mainlined.

Comment

Originally posted by peterdk View Post
        It was already working since a long long time, but just not mainlined.
        I've been using my TV remote to control my LibreELEC Pi 4 for a while now. Reading the article left me a bit confused. I guess the LibreELEC folks patched it themselves.

Comment

It was probably in blob driver and not in free

Comment

Originally posted by Jumbotron View Post
            So....after all these years
            You're wrong, it has always worked ever since the first Raspberry Pi. The patches were never mainlined but this doesn't mean the functionality was missing from Raspbian, you had it working even on the latest kernels.

Comment

Working...
            X