Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

X.Org Server 1.20.10 Allows For Larger Number Of Input Devices, Present Extension Fixes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alexmitter View Post

Thats a KDE issue, not a Wayland issue. Use a proper desktop if you want something newer then 70s technology.
    We went to the Moon and back with 70s technology. Actually 60s.
    Just saying

Comment

Originally posted by birdie View Post
      Mam, but everyone said it's dead! It must be dead, right? Wayland all the way? Rrrright?
      Didn't mum tell you you're too stupid to understand?

Comment

Originally posted by JackLilhammers View Post

Just saying
        Yeah, right. And they stayed there for good.

Comment

Originally posted by Alexmitter View Post

Thats a KDE issue, not a Wayland issue. Use a proper desktop if you want something newer then 70s technology.
          I think GNOME should be renamed TROLL, that would fit its fans better.

Comment

Originally posted by ALRBP View Post
            I really want to accept X is dead but (KDE) Wayland is still not working on my multi-UHD-monitor setup so…
            I just did a minor Plasma update and my Wayland session started glitching every time I logged in. That's on a laptop with Intel graphics, which I thought was supposed to be well supported. Not to mention all the other "papercuts" with Plasma/KWin Wayland.

Maybe next release...
            Last edited by ResponseWriter; 02 December 2020, 01:45 PM.

Comment

birdie beat me to it

Comment

Originally posted by Volta View Post

Yeah, right. And they stayed there for good.
                On a more serious note I wouldn't troll software from the 70s when the very same kernel we like so much is in fact based on an design that comes from the exact same era

Comment

Originally posted by ALRBP View Post

I think GNOME should be renamed TROLL, that would fit its fans better.
                  Cute, didn't even say Gnome once. If you feel attacked for how shitty your desktop works (something very easy to experience yourself, just use KDE Neon), don't see the boogeyman in some other desktop that simply got his stuff together and has working Wayland support now for more then 2 years without any major issue.
                  Last edited by Alexmitter; 02 December 2020, 07:55 AM.

Comment

On a more serious note I wouldn't troll software from the 70s when the very same kernel we like so much is in fact based on an design that comes from the exact same era
                    Unix isn't perfect either, it never was and it was constantly improved since then. But for good reasons System 7 and BSD kernels aren't used any-more in production(except you are brave and have personal issues and maybe some craziness). There is a good reason why we use modern unix-like systems like Linux that improved massively ontop of POSIX. X11 also was constantly improved and did fit for a long while, but it simply became a mess to do anything on it as you either broke Xorg itself or support for applications that all relied on weird X11 behaviour that was not part of the spec. Often downright violating the X11 spec to get certain things going.

Everyone working on Xorg long enough to know how it works did run away screaming and crying. Its current most experienced maintainers are the ones behind Wayland, the API that builds on top a lot of the modern infrastructure to help Xorg perform better on modern systems like DRM.

Comment

Just saying
                      That's a myth, just like the fraudulent 'earth is round' myth.

Comment

Working...
                      X