• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Raka555 View Post
    What exactly is/was wrong with MIR ?
    premise

Comment

By the X.Org Foundation which bears its name ...
      are you paying them for that? they are busy developing next version(wayland)

Comment

• Originally posted by Paul Frederick View Post
        It is funny how making things more difficult does not make my life any easier. Developers and managers making decisions should have a bit more consideration for end users.
        it is funny how you think you are the only one user

Comment

It is about people that entitle themselves to tell other people to fuck off from linux because they dislike half baked software
          xorg is half baked. what do you want to tell people who dislike it?

Comment

• Originally posted by frank007
            It's a pity, I don't want, but it's nearly time for me to pass to Windows 10. Wayland is a game, a lot of things do not work, and with it users have a castrated PC.
            i guess most often path to windows 10 includes paying novideo and running kde

Comment

• Originally posted by kpedersen View Post
              It is network aware, so this is complex
              it's not network aware, it's broken by design. its remote awareness is unusable, everyone uses vnc or the like instead
              Originally posted by kpedersen View Post
              . However simply removing the network aware capability is not an improvement.
              removing unused broken shit is always an improvement
              I am also not convinced
              i am not impressed
              Unfortunately even after all these years Wayland is too young and too niche for people to have really tested it. At this point Xenocara with privilege separation is likely more secure than most Wayland compositors.
              how many people and years went into really testing it?
              In fact the only Wayland compositors I would trust is Gnome's attempt and Sway.
              you mean default desktop in most popular linux distros is fine?
              Compare this to the thousands of X11 Window Managers that all receive the same (generally reasonable) security from Xorg.
              you are trying really hard to make fool of yourself. xorg can't provide reasonable security even to itself and it can't provide any security to third-party software
              You will soon realize that Wayland will be a passing fad with Gnome 3 and will disappear
              outside of your imaginary world every xorg developer is working on wayland
              No-one that seriously has any sway in this industry will be able to deprecate it. The world won't function.
              so xorg will be developed by sheer power of your imagination?

Comment

• Originally posted by jo-erlend View Post
                It's Mir, not MIR. It means "peace".
                its russian transliteration means several things https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homonym

Comment

• Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
                  Canonical's usage of CLA.

People did not want to support the Mir protocol, so eventually it died out and Mir is just another Wayland compositor.
                  the most funny thing is they didn't understand wayland and thought it has some deficiencies which they tried to solve with mir. but it's only their understanding of wayland was wrong

Comment

It is not about me being "wiser" because I am older.

It is about people that entitle themselves to tell other people to fuck off from linux because they dislike half baked software that has only being around for a fraction of the time linux existed.
                    Software development is an incremental process. It takes time, energy, resources and mostly speed up using a tradable commodity which we all perceive as money. It is really fortunate that someone else spent their time to develop free software for everyone to use, without charging anything and then there is you who acts all entitled. People don't owe you anything you know unless you have something at stake.

I don't understand what is stopping you from not ever upgrading to use wayland instead of badmouthing it. So you want all wayland developers to redirect themselves to continue supporting XOrg? Maybe how about you start your own company and develop X or setup a go fund me page?

Instead of consistently complaining which is not going to do anything constructive. You lack the technical depth in your arguments to reason why X should still be actively developed. Or how about you learn some C and submit pull requests to X so you can "make it better".

Comment

• Originally posted by frank007
                      You have just written the future of Linux (one of the future, but the most possible, because the companies that hold Linux want money too).
                      this future is impossible with linux because its sources are open

Comment

Working...
                      X