Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Neraxa View Post
    their is no huge feature that needs to be added
    there are huge features what need to be added. but they can't be added without rewriting x11, so they will be added to wayland
    Originally posted by Neraxa View Post
    Many cards won't work on Wayland. You seem to need a recent $2000 computer with the latest graphics adapter that cant be over 2 years old.
    i have wayland on $100 second hand compuer
    This is a gross misunderstanding of who Linux users are, who often use Linux to breath life into older computers which still function perfectly.
    the one with gross misunderstandings is you
    The Wayland architecture commits every bad design decision that X.org avoided.
    and you also possess gross misunderstanding of software design
    Last edited by pal666; 25 October 2020, 10:59 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by kpedersen View Post
      It isn't even affiliated with the upstream Wayland developers.
      Actually that's not true. Emersion works in wayland proper as well as maintaining sway & wlroots.

Comment

• Originally posted by Raka555 View Post
        What exactly is/was wrong with MIR ?
        premise

Comment

By the X.Org Foundation which bears its name ...
          are you paying them for that? they are busy developing next version(wayland)

Comment

• Originally posted by Paul Frederick View Post
            It is funny how making things more difficult does not make my life any easier. Developers and managers making decisions should have a bit more consideration for end users.
            it is funny how you think you are the only one user

Comment

It is about people that entitle themselves to tell other people to fuck off from linux because they dislike half baked software
              xorg is half baked. what do you want to tell people who dislike it?

Comment

• Originally posted by frank007
                It's a pity, I don't want, but it's nearly time for me to pass to Windows 10. Wayland is a game, a lot of things do not work, and with it users have a castrated PC.
                i guess most often path to windows 10 includes paying novideo and running kde

Comment

• Originally posted by kpedersen View Post
                  It is network aware, so this is complex
                  it's not network aware, it's broken by design. its remote awareness is unusable, everyone uses vnc or the like instead
                  Originally posted by kpedersen View Post
                  . However simply removing the network aware capability is not an improvement.
                  removing unused broken shit is always an improvement
                  I am also not convinced
                  i am not impressed
                  Unfortunately even after all these years Wayland is too young and too niche for people to have really tested it. At this point Xenocara with privilege separation is likely more secure than most Wayland compositors.
                  how many people and years went into really testing it?
                  In fact the only Wayland compositors I would trust is Gnome's attempt and Sway.
                  you mean default desktop in most popular linux distros is fine?
                  Compare this to the thousands of X11 Window Managers that all receive the same (generally reasonable) security from Xorg.
                  you are trying really hard to make fool of yourself. xorg can't provide reasonable security even to itself and it can't provide any security to third-party software
                  You will soon realize that Wayland will be a passing fad with Gnome 3 and will disappear
                  outside of your imaginary world every xorg developer is working on wayland
                  No-one that seriously has any sway in this industry will be able to deprecate it. The world won't function.
                  so xorg will be developed by sheer power of your imagination?

Comment

• Originally posted by jo-erlend View Post
                    It's Mir, not MIR. It means "peace".
                    its russian transliteration means several things https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homonym

Comment

• Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
                      Canonical's usage of CLA.

People did not want to support the Mir protocol, so eventually it died out and Mir is just another Wayland compositor.
                      the most funny thing is they didn't understand wayland and thought it has some deficiencies which they tried to solve with mir. but it's only their understanding of wayland was wrong

Comment

Working...
                      X